Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AFR's on the way what's everyone's favorite intake?

This is for a 331 turbo car. Going to run low boost. I'm actually "trying" not to go above 475 at the wheels. Seriously:)

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
Gt40 tubular is a good intake. But the cobra I.take flows pretty similar and can be ported down the road if you want. But personally I'm a fan of trickflow. Either way the gt40 will suit your needs and looks cool to.

Oh btw congrats man. I can't wait to here that your safely on the road again! Did you get the big combustion chamber afrs?

·
Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, I got a set of "used" 185's with the 72cc, perfect for what I need. My engine will make block splitting power regardless of intake so maybe I should just go for cool:)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I run a set of 205 afr's and ill never run a different head combo. I've never had anything but amazing results with those heads

·
Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, thanks for the confirmation.

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

I'm about to order an Edelbrock Performer RPM II intake now as well. I almost have everything I need.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
JayKranz said:
Yep, I got a set of "used" 185's with the 72cc, perfect for what I need. My engine will make block splitting power regardless of intake so maybe I should just go for cool:)
Those make 95 hp over gt40p heads :)

·
Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, my tuner told me I'm going to have a hard time keeping it under 450, but I will try. I don't have supporting trans and sub frame hardware to comfortably go much over that.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
AFR's on the way what's everyone's favorite intake?

This is for a 331 turbo car. Going to run low boost. I'm actually "trying" not to go above 475 at the wheels. Seriously:)
My choices for your build would be the Edelbrock Performer RPM II :D, or the Holley Systemax. I believe I read a while back that they are both close in flow and HP gains. Don't quote me on that though, I read so much that sometimes I get things confused. :good::good:

I considered both for my engine, but ended up going with the Victor because I got a really good deal on it and it will support more HP down the road. Now I'm on the fence about keeping my Edelbrock RPM heads or selling them and getting a pair of Victor heads. Decisions, decisions. ;)

·
Banned
8,779 Posts

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I know! For now I need someone near Chicago to build my engine. Any takers?
Dammit, I'm in Central MO, not that far away. I wish I had full use of my arms, back and hands. I could do that for you if I did. :cry:

·
Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Do you think my 42lb injectors are good for 450-500hp? I can buy new ones but these only have maybe 300 miles on them.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts