Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I want some fog lights that I can mount Behind my grill. I'm not wanting to spend a buttload of money. I saw a fellow member install some strobe light fogs that are for looks not actually adding visibility like I'm wanting.

Question is, has anyone done this with like autozone or Walmart type fogs? If so how and pics if available would help greatly!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Its a bad idea with stock grilled cause if you have actual sized foglights. It will almost cover up the holes to radiator and the little air that gets back will.be too hot. It would be better to get a billet grille and modify it

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a bad idea with stock grilled cause if you have actual sized foglights. It will almost cover up the holes to radiator and the little air that gets back will.be too hot. It would be better to get a billet grille and modify it
I got a billet grill now sir

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I honestly don't think it would matter that much affecting heat. I have yet to see someone over heat with just fogs block the grill... and we have a lot of airflow.

Anyone know the stock fog light size? It must be around a 4 or 4.5" by my best guess.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I honestly don't think it would matter that much affecting heat. I have yet to see someone over heat with just fogs block the grill... and we have a lot of airflow.

Anyone know the stock fog light size? It must be around a 4 or 4.5" by my best guess.
But the holes in stock grilles are tiny. I hate honeycomb grilles...-.-

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

And i know it doesn't matter that much. It just slightly warmer air.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Okay so I want some fog lights that I can mount Behind my grill. I'm not wanting to spend a buttload of money. I saw a fellow member install some strobe light fogs that are for looks not actually adding visibility like I'm wanting.

Question is, has anyone done this with like autozone or Walmart type fogs? If so how and pics if available would help greatly!
I see where you got this idea from. Im waiting on insurance :/

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
But the holes in stock grilles are tiny. I hate honeycomb grilles...-.-

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

And i know it doesn't matter that much. It just slightly warmer air.
Talk to the guy that is shooting for 40 mpg. I forgot his name but he claims we get a crap load of air in these things. Too much in fact

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Ultrarc or something like that. He's doing a lot of aero mods, including a full body pan.

I'm sure he'll hit 40mpg with a bit of work. Mine, on a flat road cruising at 60mph this summer was hovering right around 35/36mpg.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Sanguin said:
Ultrarc or something like that. He's doing a lot of aero mods, including a full body pan.

I'm sure he'll hit 40mpg with a bit of work. Mine, on a flat road cruising at 60mph this summer was hovering right around 35/36mpg.
With the full belly pan on I saved a LOT.

I took a 15 mile trip in the after noon to get blocks. Got low 30 mpg, sunny day with a cold start. Winter, but nice day. Drove back with 450 lbs of brick, like 26. Back the original way, 36 mpg. Home again with another 450 lbs, averaged me 31 mpg since my gauge didn't reset.

That day did my belly pan. Drove the exact same path, except seven hours later, night, cold, with a cold engine. 39.7 mpg with a whiney person, and the heat on. The difference it made was unbelievable. And yea, blocking some intake air is fine. The first time I went to Roush I sealed my front end for aero and I never broke 217 degrees coolant temperature, in summer, 74 mph for almost three hours.

I always forget to record environment temperatures, my apologies.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
With the full belly pan, was there any issue of exhaust pipe heat radiating to the floor?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts