Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what aftermarket shifters people are using and if they would recommend. Also I see some with a bracket and some without. Why do some use the bracket and some don't. Maybe a dumb question.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
i would recommend MGW, very high quality shifter, probably the most solid built one on the market, but many seem to just grab a hurst or some crap

·
Registered
595 Posts
Ask 10 different people there opinions on which shifter to choose & you're like to get a minimum of 5 different answer. Really you can't go wrong with any of the major brands including MGW, Steeda, Roush, or Hurst. Some like B&M and some don't. I personally have a Roush shifter in My 05.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
research how much the item costs, how much R&D went into it, its warranty, noise it can generate, its build quality, and what it includes vs what other kits include and you will figure out which is best for you quick.

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Most with the 2011+ have the Barton shifter. And have not found one person yet that doesn't like it. I use it with bracket.

As far as bracket its cause the stock one is flimsy and allows a lot of deflection. While the after market is more solid. Allows for less deflection when shifting.

·
Registered
475 Posts
For 2011+, most people get the barton shifter with bracket. However, I think MGW recently released a new shifter with great reviews. I haven't gotten one yet, but from what I've heard, you can't go wrong with either brand.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wnt2gofst said:
Most with the 2011+ have the Barton shifter. And have not found one person yet that doesn't like it. I use it with bracket.

As far as bracket its cause the stock one is flimsy and allows a lot of deflection. While the after market is more solid. Allows for less deflection when shifting.
I'v heard the Barton makes a lot of extra noise compared to the stock shifter. I would like to keep it as quite as possibly in the car at least from annoying sounds.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

wnt2gofst do u have much extra noise from your shifter, btw the Barton is the I like the best so far. I l

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
I'v heard the Barton makes a lot of extra noise compared to the stock shifter. I would like to keep it as quite as possibly in the car at least from annoying sounds.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

wnt2gofst do u have much extra noise from your shifter, btw the Barton is the I like the best so far. I l
I didn't notice any noise from mine. It has been great so far. The biggest noise I have is from my solid spherical end LCA's. They transmit a lot of noise from the rear of the car. From gear whine to every bump. But a full exhaust helps cover that up. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did anybody buy and install the MGW shifter yet. Your opinion and if you don't mind me asking what you paid???? Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
537 Posts
i would recommend MGW, very high quality shifter, probably the most solid built one on the market, but many seem to just grab a hurst or some crap
I am offended...lol. How can you mention CRAP and HURST in the same breath??? Hurst is time, heritage, and race proven. Please elaborate before I make a 289 dollar mistake.

Does the premium Brembo package come with a shorter throw than a normal 5.0? The throw on mine is short already.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have my MGW on the way, ill let ya know what i think. I heard it was the BEST :)

·
Registered
903 Posts
Where did you get it and how much?
Interested as well.Alot have Barton but MGW reviews are good.Wondering which one gives the least amount of noise transfer.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
M3to5.0 said:
I am offended...lol. How can you mention CRAP and HURST in the same breath??? Hurst is time, heritage, and race proven. Please elaborate before I make a 289 dollar mistake.

Does the premium Brembo package come with a shorter throw than a normal 5.0? The throw on mine is short already.
The shifter on all the 11+ Mustangs are the same... Even on a Boss, I drove one a few weeks ago... Same throw as my GT... Shelby is completely different tho, has a shorter throw from factory and shift pattern

·
Registered
68 Posts
hey 2011CS- purchased a HURST for the classic look and the reviews. professionally installed no issues my friend. its a gamble but again i may have been lucky!!! good luck

1 - 20 of 32 Posts