Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I get an aftermarket steering wheel, what happens with the horn and airbag?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
A lot of aftermarket wheels have a horn button so you'll just have to redo the wiring..

Got an aftermarket wheel on my 96f150 after I wrecked it and decided to make it a drag truck and just ditched the airbag completely..

Good luck

·
Super Moderator
17,969 Posts
They go bye bye unless the aftermarket wheel has a horn built into it. Many of them do. Make sure you save the stock stuff if you ever sell the car. I'd just try finding a NIB FR500 wheel ($400-$500) or get a Redline re-cover of the stock one.

·
Super Moderator
17,969 Posts
Yep. Which is why if you want a "foncy" steering wheel you get the FR500 or get yours re-covered with the redline stuff like I said.

You can remove it if you use the car as a dedicated race car obviously and trailer it to and from the track.

·
Super Moderator
17,969 Posts
I believe its a federal thing to modify or remove safety equipment, just like emissions is federal. I could be wrong. But Federal law is law no matter where you are, doesn't matter what the state says.

·
Super Moderator
17,969 Posts
Every car I have had in the last 10 or so years has been fully emissions compliant :p I know "technically" if the car came with 4 cats you are supposed to have 4 cats. But seeing as you can easily pass emissions these days with no cats the way modern OHV motors are tuned...

Plus I get mine visually inspected every 2 years and as long as they see a cat on each pipe they're good to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts