Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How old do you have to be to run a 1/4 mile at a track? I just turned 17 and was wondering if I'm old enough, or maybe I'll have to do some training? Some ppl from my work are going (18+) and said I'd probably be able to .. (dragway in epping, NH); but whats the normal age you have to be?
also how mcuh would it cost? they said you can run for les than $20

·
Registered
941 Posts
i think it's 15 with parental consent or 16 of course for cars.

i once raced a 10 year old girl in a junior dragster with a lawnmower engine. she nudged by me and beat me 10.27 to 10.31 in the 1/8th. :D

·
11,873 Posts
Depends on what state you live in.

Alabama doesnt care.

Me and my friend went to the drag strip in his z28 when he was 15 and raced. never asked for id or nutin.

I drove my car up there btw incase he got pulled over hehe.

California you have to be 18 I believe. Any younger and you have to have parents consent.

·
11,873 Posts
Fishers Stang said:
under 18 must have parental consent, 18+ your free.. and its $10 to race all day at IRP here in Indy. ;)
Not in all states.

I am 17( Iwas 16 at the time and they asked me if I was going to race when I pulled up to pay for parking. I said yea(just in case..... I would have a number on my car if I wanted to) and they gave me a piece of paper to sign and put a number on my car and never asked for no id.) same with my friend.

Just call up the drag strip you want to race at.

They will tell you.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
a232stang said:
Fishers Stang said:
under 18 must have parental consent, 18+ your free.. and its $10 to race all day at IRP here in Indy. ;)
Not in all states.

I am 17( Iwas 16 at the time and they asked me if I was going to race when I pulled up to pay for parking. I said yea(just in case..... I would have a number on my car if I wanted to) and they gave me a piece of paper to sign and put a number on my car and never asked for no id.) same with my friend.

Just call up the drag strip you want to race at.

They will tell you.
right, I was just talkin about Indiana.. sorry did not Spec. :p

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
mexor said:
How old do you have to be to run a 1/4 mile at a track? I just turned 17 and was wondering if I'm old enough, or maybe I'll have to do some training? Some ppl from my work are going (18+) and said I'd probably be able to .. (dragway in epping, NH); but whats the normal age you have to be?
also how mcuh would it cost? they said you can run for les than $20
it only costs abuot 35 bucks to race there.
Your of age dont worry.
You can only race like weds and fridays tho. those are the only nights open to the public/

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
NJ its 17 with parents signature, and 18, for normal drivers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts