Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Air bag light lit up in my dash. Called ford apparently a recall has been issued. Taking mine in tomorrow. Just a heads up!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Air bag light lit up in my dash. Called ford apparently a recall has been issued. Taking mine in tomorrow. Just a heads up!

Is this something different than the million or so ford airbag recalls that have been taking place over recent months?
Is this something new, with the air bag light?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess not....I guess I haven't paid attention...could there be others?? FYI if you already know , don't be a jerk like this guy... just disregard.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I guess not....I guess I haven't paid attention...could there be others??

I haven't gotten any airbag light yet. I talked to my dealer and they said parts might not be available until October. Sucks, just have to try not to crash till then. :(

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I guess not....I guess I haven't paid attention...could there be others?? FYI if you already know , don't be a jerk like this guy... just disregard.

I sorry if I came across the wrong way. I really didn't mean to. I just wasn't sure if this was something new, as up to now there hasn't been any air bag lights coming on. So that is something new as far as I'm concerned. Sorry if you didn't already know about the recall.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apology accepted!! I know you are a regular contributor and usually helpful...scratch that jerk comment!! :/) :)

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Apology accepted!! I know you are a regular contributor and usually helpful...scratch that jerk comment!! :/) :)

I think it may have been when I said a million or so airbag recalls...it sounded like it was being sarcastic. Wasn't meant to be.

·
Registered
476 Posts
When Ford rebuilt the back of my car three weeks ago, I was told that they could not do airbag replacements right now unless your light was on, due to limited supply.

K

·
0 Posts
Only time I had an airbag light was when I tried to be lazy and swap leather seats from another Premium Mustang to mine. Since I wasn't able to resynch the SRS module to recognize the "foreign" seats, I ended up having to just swap the covers on my existing ones. That is what I get for trying to go the easy route. LOL

·
Registered
148 Posts
I got a letter last week stating my vin number was associated with this recall . The letter stated that my dealership would contact me when parts were available. I guess I'll slow down till I hear from them ?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unrelated to recall. 99.95 charge by ford to diagnose. Want 168.00 to pull the seat and further diagnosis the problem. Only downside for not fixing now, airbag will not deploy. Paid 99.95....anyone else with this issue?

K

·
0 Posts
Unrelated to recall. 99.95 charge by ford to diagnose. Want 168.00 to pull the seat and further diagnosis the problem. Only downside for not fixing now, airbag will not deploy. Paid 99.95....anyone else with this issue?

Nope. Did you check the connectors under the seat and such to make sure nothing came loose?

·
Registered
2,112 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts

Airbag not deploying, until you get it replaced, may be a good thing. ??? But hopefully you never have a reason to put it to the test.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's why I said to STOP...I'm going to take a look at the wires myself. Googled it...seems there's been some with the wires working loose.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
The problem, as I understand it, is not that they don't deploy. The problem is that they deploy with too much force and bring metal shards along with them. Can cause fatal injuries. They also tend to deploy because of humidity.

Takata Airbag Defect Now Linked To 105 Injuries, Six Deaths – Consumerist
Chemical breakdown in the propellant, so the inflator canister doesn't open in a controlled fashion to inflate the bag, but rather explodes and sends shrapnel at the driver's face and neck.

Reactions: BrewGuy

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
idk but aren't airbags/seat belts covered by a long wtty? I would look in the owners manual. Sticks what year is your ride?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts