Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Everyone I have a 2000 GT and at the end of summer my compressor went out, so I got a new one and it says there is a certain weight oil that goes in it does anyone know what it is?

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Humm, I know it's only a few ounces. But every compressor could be different. If no one chimes in I'd suggest calling the dealer in the morning. And if I remember correctly the stuff I used to use was called Ester oil. I don't know if it comes in different weights.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks, I did talk to a dealer tho and they would not give up any info just wanted me to bring it in for them to look at.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also thanks guys I think I got it now didn't really need it right now but wanted to get it done. Thanks again

·
Registered
65 Posts
PAG OIL Ford part number. F7az-19589-DA (Motorcraft YN-12-C) that is what you need add same amount as drained from old compressor. Spin shaft six to eight times while collecting old oil from compressor. And I would add one once of fluorescent dye.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Take it to a shop...

Its most likely contaminated from the air when you replaced it..

They have a machine that will vaccum/recharge your system..

Oil / Freon / Everything..

·
Registered
161 Posts
I redid my a/c on my truck. I flushed the lines out with alcahol to remove moisture, replaced the orphace tube and drier and rented the vacume pump from autozone. Wasn't a bad job just double checked everything.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts