Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
More filtering area & some use the center to better direct the airflow.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dreamstang said:
Imo as long as you have the most surface area you can get you are probably not gonna see much if any difference in performance.
Well I have a 6in K&N air filter and when the car is running and I rev the throttle fast from the throttle body . Sometimes you here a pop coming from the (cai air filter) so I don't know maybe I put the wrong one on?

·
Titus Wadicus
2,103 Posts
Well I have a 6in K&N air filter and when the car is running and I rev the throttle fast from the throttle body . Sometimes you here a pop coming from the (cai air filter) so I don't know maybe I put the wrong one on?
u may wanna check or "up" your fuel pressure a couple pounds. sounds like its running lean for that initial w.o.t. anyway, i believe what you hearing is detonation ... by lack of fuel, not a c.a.i. issue.

thats just my opinion though.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I dont want to touch anything , I'll call the speed shop that dynoed the car and see .

I'll try and get a video of it, it only does it when the car first starts up it seems

·
Titus Wadicus
2,103 Posts
Well I dont want to touch anything , I'll call the speed shop that dynoed the car and see .

I'll try and get a video of it, it only does it when the car first starts up it seems
well hopefully i dont know what im talking bout. but u should for sure call them and tell them its popping.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Which one is better for n/a motors
IMO, the one that will filter/flow the most air (within reason) is always better to help ensure you have enough airflow.

u may wanna check or "up" your fuel pressure a couple pounds. sounds like its running lean for that initial w.o.t. anyway, i believe what you hearing is detonation ... by lack of fuel, not a c.a.i. issue.

thats just my opinion though.

I agree. :good:
It's doing the same thing as a carb would if the pump shot was not big enough on initial acceleration.

Adjusting the fuel pressure up a few pounds won''t really "hurt" the tune and you could just back it off again if it caused adverse effects. No need in spending the money for the tuner if you don't have to, but of course the choice is yours. :good:

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts