Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an aftermarket cold air intake for my 2013 GT. Looking for any input from owners of 2013 & 2014 GT since these models have the hood vents and I have learned that several cold air manufacturers have had to alter their design or add shields. Thanks!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I can't speak directly on the 13 needs....but all I can say about adding a CAI is I know that there is absolutely a throttle response gain...the HP gain is overrated unless you also get with a tuner. To me, we'll worth the price and really improves the look of the engine bay.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
The Ford intake system is fantastic, absolutely the best that has ever come from the factory. It will actually keep air charge temps slightly cooler under some conditions than an aftermarket cold air. Where the aftermarket cold air shines is in airflow to support higher horsepower.

On the dyno we typically see 9 to 12 horsepower over the stock airbox, mostly above 4,000rpm. A drop in filter is not going to give you any real measureable horsepower.

Ford raised the base HP number in '13 to 420. Because of that, you will only get about 30 with our Steeda Custom Tune & CAI.

Best Regards,

TJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts