Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to get air in your fuel line? My car is running really rough after it warms up then I go and start diagnosing problems and came to the fuel rail to purg it and there isn't a steady stream of fuel with the key on or off..... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Look for any kinks or pinches in the lines. Not sure about the air part. Maybe someone has ran into a similar problem though?

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Fuel filter is also a cheap and easy place to start

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
91notchback said:
Look for any kinks or pinches in the lines. Not sure about the air part. Maybe someone has ran into a similar problem though?

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Fuel filter is also a cheap and easy place to start
Yup I agree with everything you said. :good:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll drop the tank tmrw and see what I can find. Thanks....would the fuel pump be a possibility?

·
Registered
493 Posts
I would eliminate every possibility I could without dropping the tank. The fuel pump could be a problem, but I've never heard of air in the fuel lines. I would also take a look at the fuel regulator.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

91notchback said:
I would eliminate every possibility I could without dropping the tank. The fuel pump could be a problem, but I've never heard of air in the fuel lines. I would also take a look at the fuel regulator.
I'm just a Stang greenhorn though. My forte used to be....Camaros...:(

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I'll drop the tank tmrw and see what I can find. Thanks....would the fuel pump be a possibility?
Possible, if it is aerating the fuel somehow, like a stuck open check valve, broken impeller, etc..

The only other way for the fuel pump to introduce air is if you run it really low on fuel and the baffles are not sufficient to keep fuel at the pump around corners or up and down steep hills. As long as you have plenty of fuel the pump is submerged.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trojan Horse said:
Possible, if it is aerating the fuel somehow, like a stuck open check valve, broken impeller, etc..

The only other way for the fuel pump to introduce air is if you run it really low on fuel and the baffles are not sufficient to keep fuel at the pump around corners or up and down steep hills. As long as you have plenty of fuel the pump is submerged.
Another symptom is that is has a loss of power when driving it and it back fires

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Another symptom is that is has a loss of power when driving it and it back fires
Verify your timing and check the EGR to make sure it's not stuck open.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trojan Horse said:
Verify your timing and check the EGR to make sure it's not stuck open.
Still no luck. All it's doing now is starting and dieing. Ran a scanner on it no codes at all. If it sets for a couple hours it will run for a little and then run rough, back fire, then die and not start again. I'm stumped -_-

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dreamstang said:
i could be wrong. but throwing bones here. ignition parts seem to run worse when they get hot. but both parts i mentioned are testable. if the coil is old i would just replace it anyways. :good:
Coil is only a few months old(msd) tfi not sure of. Gives me a starting point though

1 - 17 of 17 Posts