Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Little elbow connector for the air intake broke. No idea when; noticed the car started to run lean, shudder & check engine light came on. Got home, shut her off & checked under the hood. Saw that. Anyone know what part it is?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
I wonder what people are going to do when Ford discontinues the replacement part. Hopefully the aftermarket steps in to produce a replacement.

I recently repaired the broken plastic grill on my garden tractor with JB Weld plastic epoxy. It worked great! I was impressed by the strength of the stuff! Saved me $150! :)

If you attempt a repair, you will need to be mindful not to plug up the inside of the elbow with epoxy so that it will still draw a vacuum.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'd try plugging the hole with a bolt, see if it runs normally. To my knowledge, the part being drawn vacuum on a an anti-resonator which acts like an accumulator to reduce intake air noises and "bumps". Could be wrong, though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies. Getting it fixed now; it was a connector for the PCV line that broke, but had to put in a new intake tube. Thanks y'all!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
52 Posts
I did the same thing, broke mine, my fault though. Used super glue until I can get a price and install.

Thx for the post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did the same thing, broke mine, my fault though. Used super glue until I can get a price and install.

Thx for the post.
Aye, tried the same thing; didn't work unfortunately, not a good enough seal. No idea when mine broke; best guess is that it weakened when the Ford tech guys checked the air filter a month or so back.

2016 Mustang GT Premium
Stock

1 - 7 of 7 Posts