Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have air suspention? I was thinking of getting one, but for the price I could spend the money else where. To me it's a nice to have, but I could use this for speed bumps and driveways, as well as for when I am at car shows. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Does anyone here have air suspention? I was thinking of getting one, but for the price I could spend the money else where. To me it's a nice to have, but I could use this for speed bumps and driveways, as well as for when I am at car shows. Any thoughts?
If u have the cash it is definably cool and very functional. But i decided to put the money toward a blower instead.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If u have the cash it is definably cool and very functional. But i decided to put the money toward a blower instead.
it's a lot of cash, I could use elsewhere. I have wanted one for a very long time. The only reason I didn't do it on my 08 is becasue I was in Germany and labor was too much in Euro. Just not like at home where you can go to your local garage or have the right tools avalible.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
it's a lot of cash, I could use elsewhere. I have wanted one for a very long time. The only reason I didn't do it on my 08 is becasue I was in Germany and labor was too much in Euro. Just not like at home where you can go to your local garage or have the right tools avalible.
I think you will get better use out of a blower. And more fun too :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have it and absolutely love it!!! Ride quality is awesome, I still get a lowered look without having to worry about scraping the bottom of my car. Handling is greatly improved too, my car see's a lot of track time and it feels like it is on rails. If you have access to basic hand tools installation is super simple.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Other than it having a air suspension no unfortunately, it was on 5.0 magazines website last early last year so you might be able to find it

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have it and absolutely love it!!! Ride quality is awesome, I still get a lowered look without having to worry about scraping the bottom of my car. Handling is greatly improved too, my car see's a lot of track time and it feels like it is on rails. If you have access to basic hand tools installation is super simple.
I agree, just have to make sure that I have room in my trunk for it. I currently have a PS3 and a PS 3D TV. I have space in the spare compartment because it just has the emergency air compressor. I can relocate this if needed, I just had some addtional items I was going to throw in the trunk for looks only.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here is a picture of my buddies set up. We used 2) 2 gallon tanks in the trunk of his convertible and really did not take up too much room.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
they have come a LONG way, and are versatile and useful, but most wont really modify the height much other than slamming it when parked (which looks bad vs just a good drop). The issue is normal driving on a low car SUCK so this would help in that area for SURE.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
they have come a LONG way, and are versatile and useful, but most wont really modify the height much other than slamming it when parked (which looks bad vs just a good drop). The issue is normal driving on a low car SUCK so this would help in that area for SURE.
The 2K one on AM can raise the car an inch above stock and drop 4" with many steps in between.

·
Registered
86 Posts
What would be the pros and cons of lowering springs/shocks and struts vs coilovers vs air ride? Idk much about this stuff yet, thanks.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
What would be the pros and cons of lowering springs/shocks and struts vs coilovers vs air ride? Idk much about this stuff yet, thanks.
I have adjustable shock and struts with frpp k springs, the ride is better than stock with alot less drama and body roll on turns and braking.

Cons for coilovers: you have to align the car every time you touch the height of the car ($80 alignment) some coilovers have a hard ride too.

Air ride cons: $$$$$$ too much.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have adjustable shock and struts with frpp k springs, the ride is better than stock with alot less drama and body roll on turns and braking.

Cons for coilovers: you have to align the car every time you touch the height of the car ($80 alignment) some coilovers have a hard ride too.

Air ride cons: $$$$$$ too much.
Air ride pros: Ride quality is great. Can still have a lowered car and not have to worry about speed bumps or steep driveways. Handles great on the road and at the track. I really don't have to compromise on my suspension, I have the best of all worlds.

I have put about 30,000 miles on my air suspension, with no issues. Everything from 15 hour road trips to hard track days.

The bag is no different from having a tire go flat, if it happens you fix it and go on.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Air ride pros: Ride quality is great. Can still have a lowered car and not have to worry about speed bumps or steep driveways. Handles great on the road and at the track. I really don't have to compromise on my suspension, I have the best of all worlds.

I have put about 30,000 miles on my air suspension, with no issues. Everything from 15 hour road trips to hard track days.

The bag is no different from having a tire go flat, if it happens you fix it and go on.
How much did u pay?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts