Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I currently have an Airaid CAI system and recently obtained a GT throttle body that has been machined to fit in place of the current stock TB. The issue I have, is that the hump hose/coupler that connects V6 tube to the TB, is now too small to fit over the new TB. The GT TB is 80mm. I am not sure what the diameter is of the hump hose side that goes over the intake tube.

What I have right now looks like this:
http://www.airaid.com/search/product.aspx?prod=9025

I suppose I could manually measure the outside diameter of each, but was hoping someone might have that information or at least know where to find it.

The stock TB is 68mm (2.67in) and the GT is 80mm (3.15in). However, I don't think that is measuring the outside diameter.

I'm pretty sure what I need is on this page: http://www.airaid.com/couplers_reducers_adapters.aspx

I just dont want to get the wrong one.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Buy a 3" rubber coupling for cast iron piping from a local hardware store lowe's or home depot. The ones with the hose clamps on each end. Cut it to the length you need then soften it to stretch around the CAI tubing. I used the microwave for about 45 seconds checking every 15s and stretching. Worked for me and still works to this day.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just realized that the links didn't show up. I updated my original post now to make it easier to follow.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
consider this a "like" for MCA's idea of using a Fernco fitting.

I like simple cheap ideas.

they do sell them that work as reducers....

·
Registered
90 Posts
consider this a "like" for MCA's idea of using a Fernco fitting.

I like simple cheap ideas.

they do sell them that work as reducers....
I couldn't find a reducer. The GT throttle body is so close in size to the airaid cai piping it would have to be like 3" to 3 1/4" reducer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I couldn't find a reducer. The GT throttle body is so close in size to the airaid cai piping it would have to be like 3" to 3 1/4" reducer.
So I emailed Airaid and got the following response for the sizes:

"Coupler that connects the throttle body to the tube 3in ID x 4in ID (2.5in L) on 2013 Ford Mustang 3.7L part number 450-265

Coupler that connects the throttle body to the tube 3.5in ID x 4in ID (3in L) on 2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0L part number 450-174"

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
If the V6 coupler will slide into the GT coupler, then you have your adaptor :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts