Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the no tune cai now I purchased bama tune does anyone know what insert needs to be removed I heard it's called mvt some one please help me:thumb:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Always thought Airaid did not need a tune and didn't have a removable insert like Steeda does, for the GT's only.

·
Banned
275 Posts
There is an insert inside the tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

It's melted on though. You'll need a Dremel.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
176 Posts
That's a different set up mine looks nothing like that
Well if you take a quick look at the diagram, you can see that the MVT is essentially a sleeve inside the tubing. Can't be too hard to figure out how to apply that logic to your setup...

·
Registered
2,112 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
From what I can tell by doing some quick research, all of the 15-16 Airaid intakes do not have a removable MVT, the venturi is built into the tubing itself. However, all of the 11-14 Airaid intakes do have a removable MVT, minus the Race spec intake (Race spec simply just doesn't come with the MVT, since it is a restrictor). @Ibad5.0, it sounds like you are referring to technology that does not exist on your intake.

I stand to be corrected.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Just put the stock CAI back on. It will out perform the Airaid all day and night.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts