Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I experienced a airbag light at 10k miles and had to go to the Dealer. After 3 visits and a call to the 'hotline' from the Dealer, a defective airbag was found. Ok, so no big deal there, BUT... During a prior trip I had a cup of coffee (with lid) in the cup holder, and during a fun 0-60 run some of the coffee sloshed rearward, down into the storage area to the rear of the cup holder. Again, not a big deal, BUT... Under the (not water tight) bolt holes in that compartment is THE AIRBAG MODULE, and that little bit of coffee found its way into the connectors of said module.
The Dealer was able to repair the defective airbag, and the coffee didn't cause any damage to the module. BUT, the module is not 'coffee-tight' (or any other fluid type).
Just wanted to pass on this info, to keep others from damaging what I'm sure is a VERY expensive electronic part.

·
Registered
472 Posts
MedxGT said:
I experienced a airbag light at 10k miles and had to go to the Dealer. After 3 visits and a call to the 'hotline' from the Dealer, a defective airbag was found. Ok, so no big deal there, BUT... During a prior trip I had a cup of coffee (with lid) in the cup holder, and during a fun 0-60 run some of the coffee sloshed rearward, down into the storage area to the rear of the cup holder. Again, not a big deal, BUT... Under the (not water tight) bolt holes in that compartment is THE AIRBAG MODULE, and that little bit of coffee found its way into the connectors of said module.
The Dealer was able to repair the defective airbag, and the coffee didn't cause any damage to the module. BUT, the module is not 'coffee-tight' (or any other fluid type).
Just wanted to pass on this info, to keep others from damaging what I'm sure is a VERY expensive electronic part.
Since ur talking about air bags I have a question. Does your car always say that the passenger airbag is off. Even when someone sits on it the light pops up. Idk if it's defective or what

·
Registered
716 Posts
Good to know! Always ask for the little green plug at Starbucks... It corks it quite well and keeps in the heat :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
This is why I don't drink and drive. LOL

Good to know they fixed the issue.
Ditto... I have had my Stang for a year, and still no food or open containers allowed. and Bonus for me, the wife wont ride anywhere with me unless we take her car cause i wont let her bring a drink or snack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts