Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if I am right if no one is in the pass. Seat the airbag light on the center console should stay on saying its off correct ? If someone is sitting in there it should turn off ? Well mine turns off if no one is in it and will flash on to off if an adult sits in it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Mine says off only when someone is in it and doesn't have the seatbelt on.. When they put the seatbelt on its powers the light off

·
Registered
172 Posts
Only time mine says off is when someone/something is in the seat that doesn't weigh enough. There are sensors in the seat incase a child is sitting up front. If they don't weigh a certain amount then the airbag shuts off.

·
Registered
172 Posts
So it no one or thing is in the seat it should illuminate and say off the whole time I am driving ?
No, it only does it if something is on the seat but not heavy enough. Not sure what the max/min limits are, probably in the manual. It says off if I throw my laptop bag in it. It's probably about 15-20 pounds.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Only time mine says off is when someone/something is in the seat that doesn't weigh enough. There are sensors in the seat incase a child is sitting up front. If they don't weigh a certain amount then the airbag shuts off.
Same on the 2011.

It only illuminates when something in in the seat but weigh less than some threshold... So it disables the airbag and lights up.

Otherwise, the light is off (even when empty).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts