Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I take my airbags out of my car, to sell them, then buy new ones. Will the check engine light come on, and if so is that the only thing that would go wrong with the car till I get my new air bags

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm doing a interior swap, so I need black airbags. Cause my interior is grey, and I'm turning it to black. So this is why I need to know

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Rellik said:
If he buys the complete fr500 steering wheel (which would cost a pretty penny) it will come with the airbag... I'm almost sure of it.

Besides... wouldnt some Black Vinyl dye do the same thing?
does it?

i've always seen it in magizines pictured with the air bag, but its only like 199 everytime i see it, so iam like it cant come with an air bag.

How much is the complete one?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Smokedya95stang said:
Rellik said:
If he buys the complete fr500 steering wheel (which would cost a pretty penny) it will come with the airbag... I'm almost sure of it.

Besides... wouldnt some Black Vinyl dye do the same thing?
does it?

i've always seen it in magizines pictured with the air bag, but its only like 199 everytime i see it, so iam like it cant come with an air bag.

How much is the complete one?
Now that I went looking for it... I doubt you could get the complete wheel from anywhere but Ford directly. and they'll rip you a new one for it. I found it for 169.99 w/o the Airbag.

Vinyl Dye might work. I honestly dont know the durability of it.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
DONT MESS WITH YOUR BAGS!!!!! I AM TELLING YOU THIS TO SAVE YOUR LIFE. IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOUR DOING THEY WILL BLOW IN YOUR FACE. I HAVE SEEN IT DONE. If you do anything, paint or dye it. also IF you would sell your car, or trade it in U will not be able to, the dealership will give you nothing. here is some pics, that car is a 98 Ford Taurus, and that bag was under water, from a flood, but it still went off. we took it out to see how far it would go up in the air. from the ground it went up about 30' . :shock:

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you disconnect your battery then your air bag wont deploy. Airbags are easy to remove, I mess with mine all the time. I dont know about the dye tho, mines painted black to match, but if you look hard enough you can tell its not the same color black. The only thing you have to worry about is the wires. If the wires arent the same color then the airbag will deploy. When you take out your old one and put the new on in, connect the battery and let it sit for about 20 minutes so that the computer can reset. Then turn the car on and pray it doent blow your face off. Good luck.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Well I'm doing a interior swap, so I need black airbags. Cause my interior is grey, and I'm turning it to black. So this is why I need to know
Maybe its just me but...... why do you need to change something you cant see...... :?:

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
:no: :no: :oops: :oops: :oops: Give me a day or so and i will find a shot of a air bag going off with the batt off. out of the car. when u "play" with airbags, you play with danger. not cool man.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts