Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i posted a different thread earlier but I haven't had my mustang long so I still have many questions lol. Do 01 mustangs come with an alarm? I read in the owners manual that the honk after two clicks is just to tell you the doors are locked. It doesn't say much about an alarm except for the PAT system. I have tried many different ways to trip the alarm and none have worked. I have a sticker in my rear windows that says there is an alarm made by KARR. Is this a company ford had a deal with or is it an aftermarket alarm? I still have and use the original ford key pad. Do you think the previous owner may have put the stickers up just to fool people? Sorry about all the questions guys

Here's a pic of the sticker

image-3303074442.png

·
Registered
155 Posts
Does your lock/unlock remote have a panic button on it if not hold the lock button for a few seconds if nothing then there isn't a alarm system installed

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have a panic button. But why does the alarm never trip?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Roll the windows down. Dbl click the lock button till you hear the horn beep. Open the one of the doors using the inside door handle. Alarm should trip. Did it to mine while detailing the outside with radio on and windows down. Locked doors by accident. When I went to open the alarm went off.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried that and my alarm did not trip. I even tried leaving it locked for 1 minute after the horn beep to allow for the alarm to set and it still didn't work. Your alarm system is from ford? What year is your mustang?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay. I will try that. Thanks!

·
Registered
85 Posts
99redgt said:
This is kind of off topic but my chip in my spare key is fryed is there anyway to re program the chip?
I'm not sure what you mean when you say fried but if the key lost its coding you may be able to find the procedure online threw a google search. It may look something like start car with your working key insert old key turn ignition on off on off something of that nature. If the procedure you find for your year make and model doesn't work you'll have to goto your local dealer and have try to code it with the ford scan tool if they can't then you will just need a new key..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Does you alarm system have a sensitivity switch maybe the sensitivity I set to high and it's not detecting a threat mine is so sensitive a Prius can drive by and set it off

·
Registered
165 Posts
Cajunick said:
I'm not sure what you mean when you say fried but if the key lost its coding you may be able to find the procedure online threw a google search. It may look something like start car with your working key insert old key turn ignition on off on off something of that nature. If the procedure you find for your year make and model doesn't work you'll have to goto your local dealer and have try to code it with the ford scan tool if they can't then you will just need a new key..
Only a shop or dealership can reprogram keys with the PATS keys! Have to get access to the computer to learn the new key.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

The KARR is not factory. I'm not sure what it takes, but I know it's kinda tough to set of the factory alarm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts