Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that you can adjust how sensitive your (custom) alarm is... where do you adjust that?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,263 Posts
probably with the thing on the window that sense vibration. I always smack my friends windshield whenever i see his car to set off the alarm, lol. but, IMHO, I think alarms are a waste. "car alarms in a parking lot are like gun shots in harlem, everyone hears them but nobody gives a ####"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fast64 said:
but, IMHO, I think alarms are a waste. "car alarms in a parking lot are like gun shots in harlem, everyone hears them but nobody gives a ####"
On a store parking lot... no. That's not what I got it for. But if it goes off right here under my window, you can bet your ass I'll be out there with my piece under 5 seconds....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,263 Posts
haha, I want to wire a 12 volt battery to my body that electricutes anyone that touches my car :D too bad i would probably kill them....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fast64 said:
haha, I want to wire a 12 volt battery to my body that electricutes anyone that touches my car :D too bad i would probably kill them....
no it won't... in fact, they probably not even gonna feel it 12volts are nothing.. One time /I grabbed a wire that had 220 going through it - now there's a shock
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,263 Posts
its the amps in car batteries that kill people, not the volts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fast64 said:
its the amps in car batteries that kill people, not the volts
only if the car is running... when it's off - sorry

I shocked myself plenty of times while working on my car - when it's off
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,263 Posts
lol, that scares the #### out of me when i am unbolting the battery and accidently hit the fender and send sparks flying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
.:DarkEntity:. said:
fast64 said:
but, IMHO, I think alarms are a waste. "car alarms in a parking lot are like gun shots in harlem, everyone hears them but nobody gives a ####"
On a store parking lot... no. That's not what I got it for. But if it goes off right here under my window, you can bet your ass I'll be out there with my piece under 5 seconds....
Yeah, that's me. Only reason I have an alarm. I can be out my window, on my garage roof pointing my dad's .357 in a flash. Add another couple of seconds if I want to put underwear on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DropTop_Stang said:
.:DarkEntity:. said:
fast64 said:
but, IMHO, I think alarms are a waste. "car alarms in a parking lot are like gun shots in harlem, everyone hears them but nobody gives a ####"
On a store parking lot... no. That's not what I got it for. But if it goes off right here under my window, you can bet your ass I'll be out there with my piece under 5 seconds....
Yeah, that's me. Only reason I have an alarm. I can be out my window, on my garage roof pointing my dad's .357 in a flash. Add another couple of seconds if I want to put underwear on.
.45 baby... :)
I can put 10 holes through all kinds of walls, cars, and car thieves..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
like 2 months ago, someone jacked this dude's car - so he chased the guy in his wife's car, shooting the car jacker in the face... literally

he's still a free man

I LOVE TEXAS
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
897 Posts
is that gun in ur sig a L 300 or something close to that
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,890 Posts
What kind of alarm do you have? I have a viper alarm. To adjust it you go to the actual alarm controller. I ounted mine in the driver kick panel. but you need to find out where your controller is and mine has a little knob on it that says "sensitivity". Turn it one way or the other till it cures your problem. I have mine pretty sensitive right now but it sure comes in handy. People are brave down here. They'll walk right up to your car and pull the door handle and stuff. I sat there and watched a guy through my window. When i went down to reset my alarm he was standing there like nothing happened. I said a few choice words to him, reset my alarm, and walked back up to my place. Stupid college campuses.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,895 Posts
Guys,

Fact, 0.006-0.2 Amps (that's 6-200mA milliamps) of current flowing through the heart disrupts the normal coordination of heart muscles. (Meaning that it is enough to kill you)

Yes, I've been shocked by a 220 (technically 240) Volt line.... it just made me go numb. IT didnt kill me because the electrical flow was from my hand to my leg to the ground, avoiding my heart. Had I been leaning on a wall or grounding out my other hand, that would create the shortest path to ground, going directly through my heart, killing me.

Yes, you can die from a car Battery. Hell look at the cranking Amps rating. My 66 hasa 760 Cold Cranking Amp Rating. Thats 76,000,000,000 milliamps. so yeah, you CAN die from a car battery, it's just not likely.

http://www.codecheck.com/ecution.htm
^^^ Interesting article.

.:DarkEntity:. said:
fast64 said:
its the amps in car batteries that kill people, not the volts
only if the car is running... when it's off - sorry

I shocked myself plenty of times while working on my car - when it's off
Sorry DE, The potential energy of a dry cell battery remains in tact, weither the battery has active connections or not. If done correctly, a 12 volt Car DC electrical system CAN deliver a deadly electrical shock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,895 Posts
Brent said:
Cant you blow a battery up if you connect the two terminals with a metal piece such as a wrench?
It would get REALLY REALLY hot, and eventually rupture. Probably blowing off the Caps first, spewing Sulfuric Acid all over the place.

Short term metal contact would just throw sparks. Only if it's a good connection will it cause damage.

If a tool does come in short term constant contact with the battery posts, quickly use a wooden stick, plastic pipe, or other non conductive object to move it. Dont touch the tool with your bare hands top move it... because you may be grounded enough to become part of the circut. After you move the tool from the battery... DONT TOUCH IT!!! It will be EXTREMELY HOT!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,895 Posts
And you wonder why when you wired up your switch panel things were shoring out :wtf:. Disconnect your battery, put some post sleeves on the posts, and dont use your battery as a tool storage table... you'll be fine. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lowflyn said:
What kind of alarm do you have? I have a viper alarm. To adjust it you go to the actual alarm controller. I ounted mine in the driver kick panel. but you need to find out where your controller is and mine has a little knob on it that says "sensitivity". Turn it one way or the other till it cures your problem. I have mine pretty sensitive right now but it sure comes in handy. People are brave down here. They'll walk right up to your car and pull the door handle and stuff. I sat there and watched a guy through my window. When i went down to reset my alarm he was standing there like nothing happened. I said a few choice words to him, reset my alarm, and walked back up to my place. Stupid college campuses.
I have Prestige... and have no idea where the alarm controller is. Right now it's not as sensitive as I want it to be. It's set to where it wouldn't go off when you shake the car, but it did go off when I slammed my hood shut.

As for the electricity talk.. doh, I guess I was wrong. BTW Rellik, did you go to Europe or something?? Where did you get shocked by 220v?
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top