Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just installed an Air LIft Suspension kit on my 2013 GT. I thought it looked weird but was reconfirmed when I took it in for an alignment. How are you supposed to get the camber adjusted when the adjustments are underneath the top plates on the strut towers?? Does anyone know? Looks like I'm going to have to cut the top plates for the alignment shop to be able to reach the adjustments. :banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks, yep I contacted support and emailed them the pic while I had them on the line. Their suggestions were to cut so that adjustments are exposed, remove the struts and adjust the setting then reinstall ( and keep doing it until it's right) or try and fit an Allen wrench in that tiny space. Ridiculous especially since they recommend an alignment and don't mention anything about needing to cut anywhere in their manual. I can't be the only one that's called them on this.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
That part was likely conveniently omitted from the manual, I suspect, because a lot of people would read that and decide to return the kit rather than go through the exhaustive process that is required to align the front end.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what we were thinking too... the amount of people that would have bought the kit would have been cut in half if they new what was needed. Look at any of the install videos from any of the vendors and even regular people that post videos don't mention anything about it.... and they all show the camber adjustments hidden in the strut towers too!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Have Air Lift on my 08 and I agree this is a problem. But, you can actually get to the adjusting Allen bolts if you back off the nuts all the way and you have skinny fingers. I expect that is why the bolts are longer than those on OEM struts. Having said that you also have to have strong enough skinny fingers to break the Allen screws loose. After several attempts the easiest way is to drop the strut down and access the top from the fender well. It is clearly a trial and error activity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts