Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, reading up and I have a few questions a wanna ask about all the major bolt-ons I can add on my 98 v6.

Underdrive Pulleys
I'm about to get my sound system. If I add pulleys, is that gonna mess alot with my battery and sound system. Plus, when I need a new belt for it in a few years, am I gonna be able to go down to the local AutoZone a pick up a new belt for it?

Intake
The main question is the filter, is it just gonna be a "High-Flow" or a K&N filter? I'm looking at BBK.

Exhaust
I'm looking at a Walker Dynomax exhaust system for about $360 bucks. That comes with the chrome tips. Heard any good stuff from Walker Dynomax? Heard they were louder than Flowmaster.

Ignition Plug Wires
Saw in my Cal-Mustang catalog they are offering some JBA Ingnition plug wires for about $70 bucks. Think it's worth it?

I know the other stuff like headers and other stuff are out there, I'm just gonna wait on them.

·
Registered
567 Posts
pulley..unless your producing some serious power out of the system it shouldnt drain your system. If your are worried about it tho, talk to justin to get an alternator overdrive pulley.

intake...any high-flow will be fine. K&N's have a tendency to leave oil deposits on the maf wires anyways.

exhaust...dont just go by loudness. Loudness can sometimes = sounding like crap. But hey if thats what you want go for it. $360 isnt bad, what about install? Is it true dual or y-pipe dual?

IMO save your money on wires....if you have an auto get a shift kit, if you have 5spd get a shifter.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Dom said:
OK, reading up and I have a few questions a wanna ask about all the major bolt-ons I can add on my 98 v6.

Underdrive Pulleys
I'm about to get my sound system. If I add pulleys, is that gonna mess alot with my battery and sound system. Plus, when I need a new belt for it in a few years, am I gonna be able to go down to the local AutoZone a pick up a new belt for it?
Don't worry about your stereo
and yes the belt is nothing special, you can pick one up anywhere.

Dom said:
Intake
The main question is the filter, is it just gonna be a "High-Flow" or a K&N filter? I'm looking at BBK.
The filter is a high flow filter much like the K&N but there own brand.

Dom said:
Exhaust
I'm looking at a Walker Dynomax exhaust system for about $360 bucks. That comes with the chrome tips. Heard any good stuff from Walker Dynomax? Heard they were louder than Flowmaster.?
Never heard of it, but as long as you like the sound.

Dom said:
Ignition Plug Wires
Saw in my Cal-Mustang catalog they are offering some JBA Ingnition plug wires for about $70 bucks. Think it's worth it??
Just a better quality spark, won't really add HP.

Dom said:
I know the other stuff like headers and other stuff are out there, I'm just gonna wait on them.
Good call till you get more mods.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Dom said:
Exhaust
I'm looking at a Walker Dynomax exhaust system for about $360 bucks. That comes with the chrome tips. Heard any good stuff from Walker Dynomax? Heard they were louder than Flowmaster.

Walker Dynomax are one in the same and have been in the business of Performance mufflers longer than anyone period. If it is for the exhaust Walker makes it, Dynomax and walker are all brands under the Tenneco Company as is all these companies
http://www.tenneco-automotive.com/brands/index.html
Monroe
Walker
Rancho
DynoMax
Clevite Elastomers
Gillet
Fonos
Fric-Rot
Kinetic
Thrush

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'd say go with the stainless steel tips instead of the chrome. There are lots of highly corrosive things in the exhaust gasses so Chrome tips will tend to rust out. You can just polish the stainless tips when they get dirty.

·
Registered
529 Posts
and they won't cost nearly as much :headbang:

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
where do u get shift kits for a 99+????????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts