1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
shiiiiiiiiit... i pay 170 a bloody MONTH for insurance on my stang

so ya'll can quit whinin now

;)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I just saved a bunch of money on my insurance by switching to Geico, like 378 dollars for 6 months. My down payment is 270 something now, not sure what the monthly payments will be. total is like 1070 something for 6 months, so go figure, that is for my GT and my Ranger Splash. Looks like its going to be about 160 a month after the original 270 dollar slaughter, lol.

·
Registered
941 Posts
i'm about to break into the 14's n/a. no promises, but i should be very close. with traction, it's definitely possible. i ran 15.8 stock, then 15.7 with exhaust and baaad shifting but good launches (2.26 60's).

i have 25% UD pulley, mac shorties (a waste, but i have them, so i'll mention it), dual exhaust (2 1/4"), b&m ripper shifter, 8.8 rear w/ 4.10s, tlok, 225/60/15 tires, and some other bolt ons i've since forgotten. i think i left out some go fast mods there. brandon, do you remember by any chance? :?: i hate being so forgetful. :(

3160lbs w/o driver (just removed my power driver's seat :headbang:, but just added 30lbs with the new rear end :( ) i weigh 160lbs.

'00 v6 5spd w/ a good launcher and shitty shifter.

·
Registered
72 Posts
$2496 a year, that's on an 01 Escape and a 98 Mustang with 3 drivers, one of which is a 17 y.o. with an accident.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You're either a bean pole or a midget. Sheet I haven't seen 160# since high school. :D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Geico dropped me from what would have been like 1450 with GMAC to 1070 with them for the same coverage or better. Thats for my 95 Ranger Splash and the 99 GT convertable, they even know its got about 500 dollars worth of performance :shock: mods, uhhh, perhaps I underestimated that just a little, not much though. ;)

·
Registered
941 Posts
OR_Red98 said:
You're either a bean pole or a midget. Sheet I haven't seen 160# since high school. :D
i'm a stocky midget, thanks for the sensitive remarks, it made me laugh. :D

5' 7", all muscle....

ok, well, mostly muscle... :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
If it made you laugh then my mission was accomplished. :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
The insurance on my Stang alone is $2100+ a year. All together with a Porsche (Dad got 2 tickets the first week, ones off the other still on) and Grand Cheorkee (1 accident, weather, why is that accounted against you?) The only reason i dont have a V8 is because of the damn insurance companies :evil:

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
darkling said:
shiiiiiiiiit... i pay 170 a bloody MONTH for insurance on my stang

so ya'll can quit whinin now

;)
lol, would you switch with me??? I pay 288 a month on a 95 v6

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
OR_Red98 said:
$2496 a year, that's on an 01 Escape and a 98 Mustang with 3 drivers, one of which is a 17 y.o. with an accident.
Same here, about $2400/yr on

99 V6 Convertible
01 V8 Jeep
85 V- Jeep
Homeowners Insurance

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
3588 a year on
95 V6 Mustang

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
gears wont help 99 ups NEARLY as much but it is a nice improvment, if you want to run 14s in a 99 up manual you will need to shave off .6 or there about, gears, tlok, pulley, cai, exhaust should get you right at .6 off your times, in a manual you will need to get another .4 off the times or .5 a tq converter will do this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts