Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used that new Krylon Fusion Gloss Black, it is the best I've seen. Dries quickly and the pictures don't do justive to how shiny that is even w/o clear coat. The white is also Krylon Fusion, Gloss White. The only things I took out to paint were the smaller pieces, the rest were accomplished with lots and lots of masking.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Anyone ever tried covering the dash with leather? I'm thinking about doing the top half of my dash and parts of the door in black leather...should work pretty good i think.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Anyone ever tried covering the dash with leather? I'm thinking about doing the top half of my dash and parts of the door in black leather...should work pretty good i think.
That would be really hard if you on't know how to do it. My friend has tan suede on his dash in his 65 Chevy truck. You gotta cut the material just right. Because he has a noticable seem on there.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I know it's really hard. I'm ok working with leather but can get some help from a local interior shop, plus my dad works for la-z-boy..i'll get help from someone there if i really want it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Crispy said:
Sweet, I used fusion also. How many coats did you apply to the dash? Did you do the whole dash or just the silver part?
As of now, I've done all of the interior except for the top of the dash, I'm gonna get that done this weekend. I went with two coats on most of it, three coats on the doors and console, and bottom of the dash.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts