Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been saving for quite some time and I finally went and test drove a 2008 gt500 with just 1000 miles on it and it was amazing. I've only had the V6 until now so what kind of maintenance needs to be done on a gt500 and how frequently? Just want to make sure there isn't anything I don't take into account before I go buy the car

·
Registered
124 Posts
Notorious_rob said:
Not much- oil change, air filter, gad... Its pretty easy
Agreed. Also factor in more trips to the pump. My beast drinks gas like its kolaid, even when I'm being responsible.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
angelofrat42 said:
What about maintenance on the supercharger?
You'll go through belts quicker. They also recommend changing the oil at certain intervals, I do mine once a year

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
oil is far more costly, supercharger oil more regularly, spark plugs checked more often, fuel filter regularly. Not much really though overall.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How many miles between each thing do you guys think? I wouldn't mind going every 3-5k miles with full synthetic and just check everything else when I'm there

·
Registered
59 Posts
angelofrat42 said:
How many miles between each thing do you guys think? I wouldn't mind going every 3-5k miles with full synthetic and just check everything else when I'm there
Depends on the synthetic, how you drive it and your comfort. Most modern high performance synthetic & filter are good for 10k or one year. I used Redline oil & amsoil filter and its my daily driver. YMMV

·
Registered
352 Posts
I left the dealership change my oil and oil filter. Changed air filter to an Airaid filter. As for the supercharger oil well I only have about 5000 miles on it so I'm still good

1 - 12 of 12 Posts