Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed an alpine cda-9857. I bought the cord for an iPhone hook up. Everything works like it should but the music comes through the phone and not the car speakers? WTF? The phone charges the song info displays on the head unit. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just installed an alpine cda-9857. I bought the cord for an iPhone hook up. Everything works like it should but the music comes through the phone and not the car speakers? WTF? The phone charges the song info displays on the head unit. Any suggestions?
Sounds simple, but i'd try to restart the phone. I had issues with my iPhone 5 and bluetooth on my 2011, rebooting the phone resolved the connection issue. Might check to see if there is a setting for the input as well, as it may need changed to the appropriate input for audio. Hope that helps, good luck getting it all resolved.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IanM said:
Sounds simple, but i'd try to restart the phone. I had issues with my iPhone 5 and bluetooth on my 2011, rebooting the phone resolved the connection issue. Might check to see if there is a setting for the input as well, as it may need changed to the appropriate input for audio. Hope that helps, good luck getting it all resolved.
Thanks ill give it a try.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Any other suggestions?
Two more things you can try:

Check the version of your phone software & make sure it's up to date?

Also, try to put the phone into Airplane Mode, some Alpine units seem to only work with the iPhone set to that mode. It sucks because you can't get incoming calls, but at least you can listen to music. Worth a shot to see if you can get it working.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I can't tell looking online from my phone but are you sure the cable will work with that head unit? Check your user manual just to double check you don't actually need the translates box.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies! I have the latest software update for a 4S. Maybe it's to new? I bought the cable from eBay and it said it was for an iPhone but who knows. The head unit was made for iPods and is about 5 years old so maybe it's hopeless.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

JCOB72 said:
Thanks for the replies! I have the latest software update for a 4S. Maybe it's to new? I bought the cable from eBay and it said it was for an iPhone but who knows. The head unit was made for iPods and is about 5 years old so maybe it's hopeless.
I forgot to mention I've reset the phone. I've put it in airplane mode and the head unit has an iPod input mode.

·
Registered
223 Posts

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

I forgot to mention I've reset the phone. I've put it in airplane mode and the head unit has an iPod input mode.
Hmmmm...this is proving to be a tough one.

I also had a 4S...and can tell you from first-hand experience with those eBay cables, sometimes they are just crap. Might try borrowing one from a friend or family member and see if it makes a difference. Since going to the iPhone 5, i'm only buying the Apple ones, those cheaper cables are a lot less money, but you tend to get what you pay for with them.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The cable I bought is from alpine not apple. The part number is KCE-422i and I'm pretty sure it's the only option for my head unit.

·
Registered
289 Posts
JCOB72 said:
The cable I bought is from alpine not apple. The part number is KCE-422i and I'm pretty sure it's the only option for my head unit.
That's the one your manual calls for. It is possible that in one of the settings menus you need to turn the iPod/aux accessory on. Some decks default to off when the power to the deck is reset.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tec_ said:
That's the one your manual calls for. It is possible that in one of the settings menus you need to turn the iPod/aux accessory on. Some decks default to off when the power to the deck is reset.
When I hook the phone up and flip to a different input the iPod input is there. It doesn't really seem to have its own settings for that input.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts