Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uncle whos a Ford nut found me a Stang. '87 GT with '94 5.0 motor. It's his buddies car,my uncle put the motor,new clutch with all the goodies in it when the motor went in not to long ago. I can get the car dirt cheap and know it has been drove about everywhere and it's dependable. Want to make a good daily driver out of it but still have some power but a ton because I'm going to do several things to it to make it nicer with the money I'll have left. What would be some good mods to start with that a Dodge guy at heart can do. Going to post up in the other places about other parts of the car I need help with. Thanks in advance yall

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
is there any work done to the motor? or is it stock?

exhaust is where I'd start.. headers back..

intake manifolds are another good bolt on

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
I would put AFR heads, custom cam, intakes to meet your power neets on it and you will have a 12 second car :) if you can drive, its a manual, and in good shape... please tell me its a manual....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya it's a manual car,the price is cheap and I like it. I've been searching for a Dodge Stealth/Mitizibuti 3000GT for a long time because that's what I'd love to have but haven't found the right one yet and need a little more money and now this Stang falls into my lap for DIRT cheap...I'm kinda in this "It's a good deal,but should I get it or wait for the Stealth to come around" I'm pretty sure I'd be happy with either car but I'm in a toss up right now. Keep the info coming yall,some links to parts etc would be nice! Thanks

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
for so much less you can make that mustang run circles around a 3000gt any day of the week lol.

Just make her a project and kind of decide where you want to end up and just work toward it, moding peice by peice is the fun part.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
besides its prally already close to running circles around the stealth or 3000gt, and vr4's are kinda hard to find and pricey when you do.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Bane- said:
besides its prally already close to running circles around the stealth or 3000gt, and vr4's are kinda hard to find and pricey when you do.

and when you DO find them they've either been beat to crap on the street (not well kept, door dings, body damge..) , or beat to crap at the track..

·
Registered
581 Posts
heads, heads, heads, and possibly heads

besides bolt on stuff, I wouldn't touch anything before doing a good head swap, even some gt40's will really wake that car up :) but you asked for mods, and well the secret to making a ford windsor engine perform is heads. the factory head designs aren't that great I guess, I know that a cam swap in a chevy makes a hell of a difference, but without the heads it won't do anything but slow you down in a ford!

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
he said its a 87 gt with a 94 5.0 motor in it...its got a maf already; no speed density :p:

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
mopar 4x4s own all, doesn't matter if its a jeep, dodge, plymouth, whatever!! The name is irrelivent as long as it falls under the Mopar banner1!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts