Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys as some of you may know I blew up my stock driveshaft right before the American muscle show but just fixed it on time thanks too Tym, mud and this forum or else I wouldn't have made it. Now I bought a driveshaft from axle exchange I'm pretty excited about it, and don't have to worry about my stock driveshaft blowing up again, trust me it's the scariest feeling. I have a question do I need to call Mpt to change my tune or I should be all set.?

MPT tune, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter and RTR stripes... ? ?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Driveshaft shouldn't affect tune settings.
Thanks Kev, yeah that's what I thought just want to make sure.. Do you feel anything at all with the upgraded shaft or just peace of mind knowing it's not gonna break on you.

MPT tune, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter and RTR stripes... ? ?

K

·
0 Posts
Maybe with a Manual I will feel it, but with an Auto - negative. The Auto does it's own thing so you don't feel much going on. At least, I didn't.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe with a Manual I will feel it, but with an Auto - negative. The Auto does it's own thing so you don't feel much going on. At least, I didn't.
Okay good to know, just knowing that my aftermarket ds is safer than my stock is a win win to me and I can push it even harder now lol.. Hey did you have a shop put your ds? It looks doable and I like working on my cars but I don't know someone who it themselves. Just want your opinion.

K

·
0 Posts
I went to my wife's uncles house and did it. He has a lift. Need a 12 point socket and a hammer to bang on it to loosen up the rust. lol.

I would get a DS Safety loop either way.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to my wife's uncles house and did it. He has a lift. Need a 12 point socket and a hammer to bang on it to loosen up the rust. lol.

I would get a DS Safety loop either way.
Okay got it,, wait a minute what's ds safety loop?

K

·
0 Posts
If your DS breaks off at all, the DS Safety Loop will help prevent it from taking out other parts on the car, such as exhaust, gas tank, etc. lol. Just depends on how catastrophic the situation is XD

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If your DS breaks off at all, the DS Safety Loop will help prevent it from taking out other parts on the car, such as exhaust, gas tank, etc. lol. Just depends on how catastrophic the situation is XD
Oh oh... It's like a brace just to catch the ds in case it feel off.. Hmmm it makes sense.. Thanks bud.

·
Registered
727 Posts
+1 to the safety loop.

As to feeling it, the lighter shaft isn't something you'll likely notice when you put it on. However drive around with it for a while and if you go back to stock you certainly feel the change then with the added weight back on. I did big time when I took off my dynotech and temporarily put the stocker back in chasing down a resonance after my gear/DS/LCA install.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
+1 to the safety loop.

As to feeling it, the lighter shaft isn't something you'll likely notice when you put it on. However drive around with it for a while and if you go back to stock you certainly feel the change then with the added weight back on. I did big time when I took off my dynotech and temporarily put the stocker back in chasing down a resonance after my gear/DS/LCA install.
Interesting thanks for the input, is it really that easy to install this thing? I have installed my shocks, headers and some minor things but never driveshaft.

K

·
0 Posts
It is literally just 8 12-point bolts. 4 on each end. Remove the bolts and drop the rear end of the driveshaft down and slide it out. Might have to bang on it with a hammer to loosen it due to rust.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is literally just 8 12-point bolts. 4 on each end. Remove the bolts and drop the rear end of the driveshaft down and slide it out. Might have to bang on it with a hammer to loosen it due to rust.
Ok sounds good to me, I will do it.. There won't be no rust since they just took it out last week to put another stock driveshaft just to hold me up for the show.. I like to post on how to install them to give me some confidence.. Trust me it helps.. ☺

K

·
0 Posts
No problem. The only issue I could foresee is if you don't have the car lifted high enough then you might not be able to slide the driveshaft completely down/out. I had mine on a lift so....lol.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No problem. The only issue I could foresee is if you don't have the car lifted high enough then you might not be able to slide the driveshaft completely down/out. I had mine on a lift so....lol.
Lucky you, I have jack stands and a ramp, I should be able to squeeze them out..

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Hello guys as some of you may know I blew up my stock driveshaft right before the American muscle show but just fixed it on time thanks too Tym, mud and this forum or else I wouldn't have made it. Now I bought a driveshaft from axle exchange I'm pretty excited about it, and don't have to worry about my stock driveshaft blowing up again, trust me it's the scariest feeling. I have a question do I need to call Mpt to change my tune or I should be all set.?

Nope. There is no tune for a one piece.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nope. There is no tune for a one piece.

Thanks sir.. It was nice talking to you at the show finally met the world's v6 defender..

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Thanks sir.. It was nice talking to you at the show finally met the world's v6 defender..

Very kind sir. I will continue on my quest to bring truth and justice to all the world's 3.7 V6's. Looking forward to seeing you next year as well as the others and members that were not there this show.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got my package delivered today.. Wish me luck I hope I have no problem in clearance issues.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 77 Posts