Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me what I need to be aware of when installing a DS on my lowered car? I thought someone had mentioned that you need a certain kind of DS... Would that one that Bama sells work?

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,876 Posts
Can someone tell me what I need to be aware of when installing a DS on my lowered car? I thought someone had mentioned that you need a certain kind of DS... Would that one that Bama sells work?
I see GrabberBlue has already pointed you in the right direction. The Driveshaft it self is fine, lowered or not. But it is recommended to change the UCAs to adjust for the pinion angle! Going with the UCA and Mount's is always a good option, that will get rid of majority of the slop in your drivetrain, as well as fix the pinion angle.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance.

-Dan

·
Registered
182 Posts
Like everyone else has said you could get the adjustable upper control arm to fix your pinion angle since your car is lowered. CV joint on driveshafts help with lowered cars I think thats what you were trying to get at. Dynotech and Driveshaftshop have cv joints on their driveshafts.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just snagged the last aluminum DS from CFM. There local and gave me a bit of a deal since I paid cash and picked it up. I wish AM had rear safety loops in stock. Now I have to decide if I want long tubes or just deletes and a new x pipe from BBK. I have not herd much about the new BBK x with cat delete so I'm very curious.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I need adjustable UCA's though to get the pinion angle correct rite? just swaping out the uca and mound wont do me any good because it is the same as stock?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts