Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear AM,
I'm planning to purchase a new pan for my mustang gt06 automatic. Since these 05+ models don't come with a dip stick so oil needs to be pump in.
The new pan comes with a dip stick, my question is do I still need to pump the oil in Or can I just insert the oil in the dipstick tube. Not sure if the dipstick is only for the measurement of the oil. Thanks and hope you understand my question

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
Can I ask why you are wanting to replace your pan?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Find it easier to check my oil more frequently and i will prefer not to pump the oil in since I never done that :(

·
Registered
223 Posts
Are we talking about oil here or transmission fluid? I'm confused, the picture is of a transmission pan, so that would be filled with transmission fluid correct? I'm not familiar with your model of Mustang, do you mean there's no transmission dipstick to check the fluid level in the transmission? The way it reads it seems like you're saying that you can't check your oil and are going to replace the transmission pan to solve that. Not being critical, just wasn't sure what you meant.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Dear AM,
I'm planning to purchase a new pan for my mustang gt06 automatic. Since these 05+ models don't come with a dip stick so oil needs to be pump in.
The new pan comes with a dip stick, my question is do I still need to pump the oil in Or can I just insert the oil in the dipstick tube. Not sure if the dipstick is only for the measurement of the oil. Thanks and hope you understand my question
Jayjay,

We still recommend that you pump the transmission fluid through the fill plug, into the pan. Filling up through the dip stick will take an extremely long time and will most likely spill tranny fluid everywhere. I suppose you could fill the transmission through the dip-stick, but again, we don't recommend it.

Pumping new fluid- this is actually really easy. You just buy a simple section pump from an auto parts store and it works just like any manual air pump, except you're sucking in fluid instead of air. You'll fill the transmission until the fluid starts to come out of the fill hole (on the side of transmission), plug the hole back up and you're finished!

I hope this helps. If I need to clarify anything, just let me know!

Shane

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Shane, and ion, yes I was referring to transmission fluids when I said oil. The 2005+ models in automatics don't come with dipsticks...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts