Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I'm going to get new struts, strut mounts, shocks, & springs are there any other small things I'm overlooking that I should look into for this upgrade?

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you tell from this? The spring starts like right at the top of pic

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Azure said:
Yup, least that's what I call them anyway. So, are you planning on lowering your ride?
The springs I want say 1.25" front & rear. Where I live is already rough on my car. That's as far as I want to gamble right now. Debating on how it goes will depend on how much lower I COULD go in the future.

As of right now just the 1.25" according to

Attachments

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
The springs I want say 1.25" front & rear. Where I live is already rough on my car. That's as far as I want to gamble right now. Debating on how it goes will depend on how much lower I COULD go in the future.

As of right now just the 1.25" according to
Those are what I was thinking, if it's your daily driver and/or pretty rough roads where you live. It's bad here in Indiana too.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Azure said:
Those are what I was thinking, if it's your daily driver and/or pretty rough roads where you live. It's bad here in Indiana too.
What does the bumpsteer kit you posted help out with? Yes this is my daily driver like you said

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
What does the bumpsteer kit you posted help out with? Yes this is my daily driver like you said
Those were like bump stops. I think they replace the factory bump stops. I don't think you have to have them. I think they improve the comfort of a lowered ride. That was like the only thing that wasn't on the list you made in your first post.

A bump steer kit would re-align the geometry of a lowered car to elliminate bump steer. I'm not sure how low you can go on your model before it's a good idea to get a bump steer kit installed.

Bump Steer

Some of the other 05-09 stang owners should know how low you can drop before you need this.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Azure said:
Those were like bump stops. I think they replace the factory bump stops. I don't think you have to have them. I think they improve the comfort of a lowered ride. That was like the only thing that wasn't on the list you made in your first post.

A bump steer kit would re-align the geometry of a lowered car to elliminate bump steer. I'm not sure how low you can go on your model before it's a good idea to get a bump steer kit installed.

Bump Steer

Some of the other 05-09 stang owners should know how low you can drop before you need this.
To be honest i doubt ill go lower. But if theyre a good thing to have(just with the 1.25" springs) ill definitely add them to my list!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I just lowered my 05 with the SR lowering springs from AM, the rides still pretty much the same and the drop is about what you're looking for.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seabiscuit said:
I just lowered my 05 with the SR lowering springs from AM, the rides still pretty much the same and the drop is about what you're looking for.
How low are the SR springs

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep reused everything. And no to the bumpsteer kit.
how many miles are on your shocks/struts? and do you have any pics of before and after of the springs install? if not after is fine :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
silvrskoundrel said:
how many miles are on your shocks/struts? and do you have any pics of before and after of the springs install? if not after is fine :)
As far as I knew everything had 120k miles on it, I was in an accident that bent my passenger side strut, I dunno if both were replaced. I don't actually have a pic after the install. I'll go take one, here's a before though

ForumRunner_20121007_113319.png

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's another before close to the angle I'm at nowQUOTE]

looks like it settled good, thats about what i want, a little lower but not slammin it ya know? haha thanks for the pics i appreciate it. i just figure while im at it id replace shocks and struts. mine only have 67k on them i believe

1 - 20 of 24 Posts