Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
American muscle should offer a choice for all of their body parts to be pre painted!!! Even if it costs a little more and takes a little while longer!!! Instead of having a big stash of already painted and un purchased just paint the parts by request and make an up charge!!!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
They do offer a choice. You can buy from them not painted or buy it somewhere else.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Go on, tell me about it. How did they hurt you? :D

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

NewMtang said:
They do offer a choice. You can buy from them not painted or buy it somewhere else.
Lol, my way or the highway! I like it. :D

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
American muscle should offer a choice for all of their body parts to be pre painted!!! Even if it costs a little more and takes a little while longer!!! Instead of having a big stash of already painted and un purchased just paint the parts by request and make an up charge!!!
We do offer a lot of our exterior body parts pre painted. We can't offer big parts like hoods etc.. pre painted because it would be very vulnerable to damage in transit!

What parts would you like to see Pre Painted?

-Dan

·
Registered
31 Posts
Big parts are hard to match to the factory paint. I think it is in everyone's best interest that large parts like hoods or what not are painted and matched to the car.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
I know you just said y'all can't do hoods but that's why I haven't bought one yet because I don't know a paint shop around here to paint it I rather buy it already painted makes it easier just dealing with one place instead of 2. But I understand why y'all can't do it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Besides the shipping issue with painted parts that big, automotive paints have a ton of different shades and colours. With that said, just because your silver mustang has the same paint code as my silver mustang, the colour shade could be off just a little. If I was installing a part on my car I'd paint it to match by blending the surrounding panels, if not, I would have the colour mixed to match the best it can. Long story short, painting large panels in house would be a issue no matter what business did it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts