Mustang Evolution Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,033 Posts
Was looking at ordering a part on AM tonight for the first time in legit over a year. My military discount code no longer worked, searched for the part on Jegs for giggles and voila, Jegs has it and my mil discount with them is 10%.

Lol AM... dunno wth happened but no business from here.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Easy enough to chat with them.
I asked them via chat, and got the 10% code.
Did you even try calling or contacting them?

·
Super Moderator
18,033 Posts
AM DAN is there a military discount code that I could have?
The AM reps are no longer here. For military discounts contact AM directly and they may ask you for proof of service. Easy enough with a reply from a .mil email or whatever. I had to go through a whole fax in the front of my ID thing with Jegs to get theirs but the Jegs discount is awesome. 10% off most of their stuff plus free shipping. I always shop at Jegs first if possible.

If AM won't do the mil discount you can get one from LMR. You can also just google a working 5% off AM discount code tbth... But AM is about the last place I order parts from anymore. LMR and CJP are better if you are talking about the Mustang specific vendors. Way better...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey Scotty-

I've been hearing a lot of negative things about AM lately, and now your comment.
I am new to mustangs/mods. What is it about AM that is so bad? I have ordered from them and have been treated fairly, but maybe I'm missing something?

·
Super Moderator
18,033 Posts
Bad customer service experiences in the past, they fired all of the actual "tech" ppl they hired for CS in the past, their selection is crap compared to what it used to be, they selectively police the reviews section (almost 0 negative reviews get published, none of mine ever did), they can be very slow to ship and they sell a lot more garbage product than LMR or CJP do. Plus the SR brand is trash.

They are an OK company to buy from as long as you know what you are looking at and the price is right. However, from a business standpoint the way LMR and CJP respond to inquiries, treat their customers and have actual like... parts to help a restoration (example)... AM sucks in comparison.

They were great 2 years ago... they got greedy.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ive actually gone out of my way to try to give AM the business, but to no avail. Got the blower and a host of other parts in the cart with another vendor waiting to place the order tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
55 Posts
AM hooked me up with 6% off my first purchase (catback system), they were awesome. Seems like a great company.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts