Status
Not open for further replies.
561 - 572 of 572 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
American Muscle issue

So,

I have purchased quite a few items from AM, however after today I am going back to CJ Pony. Let me pass on what went down. I just got in my Mishimoto coolant expansion tank. Super nice product until I tried to screw the OEM overflow cap on. For some reason It will not screw on at all. Looking closely at the threads it appears the thread pattern on the tank was not threaded properly. It screws on the crappy stock tank fine.

I called AM and customer service recommended I go down to Auto Zone to purchase a compatible cap. Having been through issues with non OEM specific parts (functional caps, plugs etc) on both my 65 and 17 stang I declined that recommendation. I have found while large parts like fenders, radiators, steering wheels work great, its the little items like caps, plugs and other functionally necessary parts can't compare to OEM engineered parts.

I then asked them to send me a replacement and I would send the other one back since I have already taken the OEM tank off and gotten rid of it. They said they would need me to return the part first, they would then rescan it in and then send the new part out. I told them this would be an issue for me since the car would essentially sit for about two weeks as I waited for the exchange to happen.

I asked them to make an exception and their response was

"If it say was a critical part like an actual radiator we could do that".

I'm no wizard but on a 435hp car a overflow tank is kinda critical.

I told them that was not going to work. So I asked for a refund and purchased another one from CJ Pony to be delivered by Monday. I've bought a lot of parts over the years and this is the first time I have had an issue with a company not exchanging out at the same time I ship the other part back.

After all they have my CC info so if I didn't return the broken one they would just charge me for the second one.

I for one will not be buying from AM again.

Just my personal experience and perhaps other will disagree but I thought I should post this.

Companies need to be fleixble with helping customers, especially ones who purchase as much as we do for our rides!

GP

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Cjponyparts isn't much better. Best to try to find a local place that you can inspect before you buy. Iv been yanked around by cjponyparts to many times and I've spent nearly 10k there during my restoration of my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
How Much?

So,

I have purchased quite a few items from AM, however after today I am going back to CJ Pony. Let me pass on what went down. I just got in my Mishimoto coolant expansion tank. Super nice product until I tried to screw the OEM overflow cap on. For some reason It will not screw on at all. Looking closely at the threads it appears the thread pattern on the tank was not threaded properly. It screws on the crappy stock tank fine.

I called AM and customer service recommended I go down to Auto Zone to purchase a compatible cap. Having been through issues with non OEM specific parts (functional caps, plugs etc) on both my 65 and 17 stang I declined that recommendation. I have found while large parts like fenders, radiators, steering wheels work great, its the little items like caps, plugs and other functionally necessary parts can't compare to OEM engineered parts.

I then asked them to send me a replacement and I would send the other one back since I have already taken the OEM tank off and gotten rid of it. They said they would need me to return the part first, they would then rescan it in and then send the new part out. I told them this would be an issue for me since the car would essentially sit for about two weeks as I waited for the exchange to happen.

I asked them to make an exception and their response was

"If it say was a critical part like an actual radiator we could do that".

I'm no wizard but on a 435hp car a overflow tank is kinda critical.

I told them that was not going to work. So I asked for a refund and purchased another one from CJ Pony to be delivered by Monday. I've bought a lot of parts over the years and this is the first time I have had an issue with a company not exchanging out at the same time I ship the other part back.

After all they have my CC info so if I didn't return the broken one they would just charge me for the second one.

I for one will not be buying from AM again.

Just my personal experience and perhaps other will disagree but I thought I should post this.

Companies need to be fleixble with helping customers, especially ones who purchase as much as we do for our rides!

GP
So how much in cash have you spent at AM? Maybe you should look at it from there point of view. Why did you toss out the OEM part?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Would anyone mind putting together a list of other available online stores? I know of Jegs, AM and LMR. Any other good ones out there? I'm overseas with a military address so that limits down options as well but I will do that research based off of options. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Amazon, eBay, summit, cjponyparts, carid, autoanything, Jc Whitney, roush performance, fast lane motor sports, mustang depot, PFYC, cervini's, stage 3 motor sports, dealer, to name a few.

·
Premium Member
6,707 Posts
Roush is good for the current Mustang at the time. Older cars are hard as hell trying to get stuff from them. Unless they're currently listed on their website. Parts become discontinued way too quickly in my opinion.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yet again Alex from AM is missed

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yea brenspeed. I just had a chance to check out there shop last week. Very cool place with nice people.

561 - 572 of 572 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.