Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Cerwin Vega 1000.1 Stroker amp. I have it hooked up and running. The amp has a problem though. When I turned it up, the sub just had constant bass coming through it and quit playing music. I turned down the volume and still was doing it. I put the radio in Stanby and turned it back on. Still doing it. Got home and pulled off speaker wires and protect light turned off. Plugged wires back in and was fine. Normally when amps go into protect mode, they just quit producing sound all together. That constant bass coming through the sub is what is throwing me off. I know for a fact it is at 4 ohms, so no problem there. Enough size cable with 4 guage. All my wires are correct. Been wiring systems for 10+ years. It is definitely just an amp issue. Just wondering if anyone knows what the issue is with the amp? Someone said vibration internally would cause that, but they tried to fix it and now it's doing it again. Ideas???

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sounds like signal input issue to me. Unplug the rca cables from the amp and see if it still has the the low freq buzz. If it does, it's the board, if not, it's the rca's. You can also try hooking up a different speaker as well, although that def sounds like a signal issue. WAIT!! Do you have a factory head unit, and using a line level adapter to convert to RCA? If that is the case, move the line level adapter away from the speaker, to behind the radio.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I plugged another amp up to the speaker and no problems. That eliminates head unit and sub. Head unit is aftermarket bt the way. Definitely amp. Sound disappears when rca's are unplugged.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Wanna replace that vega amp? lol , not a bad amp. Sorry to hear it went down like that.

·
Registered
776 Posts
mustang06gt said:
I know. I just need to let it go. Lol
That happened to me once, i ended up rewireing my subs into a 4ohm and never had it happen again, also check your signal wire make sure thats in all the way and check your main fuse for your wires. I have a boss audio amp btw

1 - 9 of 9 Posts