Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help amp problem

since a lot of you have upgraded, doesanyone have a pair of stock bass amps for sale ? my 96 convt. with the 460 mach system has decided to only use the bass amps after the car warns up inside. Had the head unit looked at. Checked out okay. They say it's the amps. but would both stop working at the same time or are they wired daisy chained???? I don't know?? I definatly don't want to lay out a ton of cash for an aftermarket system

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
i dont think you can just remove the amps they may be rather hard to unplug? i notice when i first turn my car on the amps wont work but after a second they will kick in, must have some kind of control for em some where.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I under stand that situation. At times the amps wont come on for 10 - 15 minutes. Other times they come on right away and 15 minutes later they go off and on. Sometimes they work great all day. I thought by replacing the amps, which was suggested by our friendly and knowledgable ford repair man????? That it would fix the problem. All I do know at this point is it drives me crazy>>> :banghead:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I even was told by the ford garage that the car only has one bass amp and not two. which is it// I guess I'll have to reove the trunk panels and find out.

By the way sorry about the deer situation. Good thing is that you did not get hurt. I nkew a guy that was killed by one going through his windshield.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts