Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I have all my new speakers installed (pioneer 6x8's 240 watts) what kind of amp should I hook up? I have plans of putting a 10" sub in the back but that will be later down the road. So right now the speakers sound fine, but not enough bass coming out of them, my deck is a panasonic 50x4 so I know it should be pushing the speakers a little. I just want something for the 6x8's right now but I will upgrade later. Any suggestions?

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
if youre not looking for a high powered sub but instead just some fill in bass, id look into a 5 channel amp. I have an alpine flex 5 powering 4 speakers and a 10" sub and i think it sounds great!

if youre not thinking of that route id say go with a 4 channel amp so when you eventually replace the other 2 speakers youll have power for them as well. Alpine, mtx, kicker, kenwood are all good brands for 4 channel amps. When you eventually get a sub just get another amp for the sub alone. either option will suit you fine.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so how many watts should I go with for the 6x8's?

·
Registered
219 Posts
depends on the speakers and what they can handle

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so im gonna go with a 600 watt amp, should do the trick.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
yea but 240 watts is most likly the max they can hande, go by the rms. I have 4 Kappas, and I am running 100 watts to each speaker, about to get a bigger amp too. They Are 100rms 300 max.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts