Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's I will be ordering these wheels listed below from AM very soon. I would like your feedback from who ever has there wheels. I would also like to find out if the size of the tires will work on my car. My car is lowered with Eibach Sport System Plus Suspension Kit. 13 GT/CS. Any information I need to know I would like to hear, Thanks

Black AMR Wheel - 20x8.5 (05-13 All)
Black AMR Wheel - 20x10 (05-13 All)

NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Tire - 295/35-20 (05-13 All)
NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Tire - 255/35-20 (05-13 All)

·
Registered
903 Posts
I cant say alot on the gloss black finish.There are some reviews on them at AM's site. I have had the Charcoal for over a year now.I am lowered on "K" springs (1.5") and never had issue.Might need to do some homework on them though. They recommend a 275 on them mbut that may be becuse its cheaper for AM on 275 than offering mup 295.Your profile is low and I personally do not think it will be a problem.
I am a little discouraged at how badly they scratch and quality of the finish,On top of that I live on a dirt road. So far my Charcoals have benn good ro me.

·
Banned
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So any one will these wheel tire combination work?

NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Tire - 295/35-20
NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Tire - 255/35-20

Staring to think the mustang forums are a wast. Should of went with a camaro..

·
Registered
903 Posts
So any one will these wheel tire combination work?

NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Tire - 295/35-20
NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Tire - 255/35-20

Staring to think the mustang forums are a wast. Should of went with a camaro..
LOL...... Dude you got to be kidding about the Camaro versus Mustang forums. Seriously I love all types of cars. My first car was a 69 camaro. Yes the combo will work. The Offset is same as mine. Back spacing is too. Hell I am lowered 1.5 all around. If you were trying to put 20X10 on the front then yeah I would be concerned. But yeah man I have 285/35/19. You are talking 295/35/20. Those 295's are not much wider.All depends on companies.I have seen some companies that it is no wider at all. The way the measurements are taking and how the tread pattern is on the tire all figures into it. How much of a drop is the springs you are on give you?? That front will be fine too. I assume you are mostly concerned that you will rub over bumps/railroad/passengers? I personally dont ride no rear passengers period. I approach any entrance or exit of a place with caution if it looks bad.If I really don't like the looks I go out another way or in. As for the tires fitment you are good man.I don't see any problem.There is NO WAY in any circumstance would mine rub as for daily driving or spirited driving. I really can't say much else on opinion without knowing how much of a drop you have. If you are slammed at like 2" and concerned alot then go with 18 or 19" wheels and tires. The OS and BS on the AMR wheels is good though.I don't think you will need fenders rolled man. If you ever buy a set of Racestars and get 15X10 rears you will need to do rear sway relocation brackets. Hope some of this helps.
Just wondering......are you dead set on 20's.I know 19's are more pricey in most tire cases and 20 has more size options. I personally would like to run the same exact set-up you are talking about. Only thing is if you like to play or run you need another set.If done at track racestars.If like to play on backroads over in mexico then get set of 18's. You will have a larger profile and that helps with traction as well.I would have a set of 18's in garage with Drag radials on the rear. GL man. Post pics when you get them and opinions. Love to see how it looks.

·
Banned
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL...... Dude you got to be kidding about the Camaro versus Mustang forums. Seriously I love all types of cars. My first car was a 69 camaro. Yes the combo will work. The Offset is same as mine. Back spacing is too. Hell I am lowered 1.5 all around. If you were trying to put 20X10 on the front then yeah I would be concerned. But yeah man I have 285/35/19. You are talking 295/35/20. Those 295's are not much wider.All depends on companies.I have seen some companies that it is no wider at all. The way the measurements are taking and how the tread pattern is on the tire all figures into it. How much of a drop is the springs you are on give you?? That front will be fine too. I assume you are mostly concerned that you will rub over bumps/railroad/passengers? I personally dont ride no rear passengers period. I approach any entrance or exit of a place with caution if it looks bad.If I really don't like the looks I go out another way or in. As for the tires fitment you are good man.I don't see any problem.There is NO WAY in any circumstance would mine rub as for daily driving or spirited driving. I really can't say much else on opinion without knowing how much of a drop you have. If you are slammed at like 2" and concerned alot then go with 18 or 19" wheels and tires. The OS and BS on the AMR wheels is good though.I don't think you will need fenders rolled man. If you ever buy a set of Racestars and get 15X10 rears you will need to do rear sway relocation brackets. Hope some of this helps.
Just wondering......are you dead set on 20's.I know 19's are more pricey in most tire cases and 20 has more size options. I personally would like to run the same exact set-up you are talking about. Only thing is if you like to play or run you need another set.If done at track racestars.If like to play on backroads over in mexico then get set of 18's. You will have a larger profile and that helps with traction as well.I would have a set of 18's in garage with Drag radials on the rear. GL man. Post pics when you get them and opinions. Love to see how it looks.
Thanks for the replay man. I did't get the one's I listed I went with

(2) 20x9 Textured Matte Black Forgestar F14 Monoblock Wheels
(2) 20x11 Textured Matte Black Forgestar F14 Monoblock Wheels
(2) NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Tire 255/35-20
(2) NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Tire 295/35-20
Staggered Textured Matte Black Forgestar F14 Monoblock Mustang Wheel & NITTO Invo Tire Kit - 20x9/11 (05-13 All) - Free Shipping!

·
Registered
903 Posts
Thanks for the replay man. I did't get the one's I listed I went with

(2) 20x9 Textured Matte Black Forgestar F14 Monoblock Wheels
(2) 20x11 Textured Matte Black Forgestar F14 Monoblock Wheels
(2) NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Tire 255/35-20
(2) NITTO INVO Ultra-High Performance Tire 295/35-20
Staggered Textured Matte Black Forgestar F14 Monoblock Mustang Wheel & NITTO Invo Tire Kit - 20x9/11 (05-13 All) - Free Shipping!
Damn!! I hear ya! You broke down and spent some bucks.Post up pics of them as soon as you get them man.You got a pic of that style. I can look for that particular style on some sites. I got a real good friend that has those sizes in the graphite Vossens.The rear may be 10.5 but I go over and look.I think it's 11.He has 305 or 315 DR. The 20's and of course his Vossens look good. He has them just stacked in his garage and I want them bad. Literally like new and said I could take them with me for 2500.00 but I can't swing it.I would love them but I sure as hell would not like the fact the DR will be **** in 8-10,000 miles.I would have to rotate set-ups.Just alot of money but good wheels. The company that makes the ones you got make good stuff too. Glad you got something you like man. **** EDIT*** OK I see the link and for sure nice wheel man.When you get them on post pics

·
Banned
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn!! I hear ya! You broke down and spent some bucks.Post up pics of them as soon as you get them man.You got a pic of that style. I can look for that particular style on some sites. I got a real good friend that has those sizes in the graphite Vossens.The rear may be 10.5 but I go over and look.I think it's 11.He has 305 or 315 DR. The 20's and of course his Vossens look good. He has them just stacked in his garage and I want them bad. Literally like new and said I could take them with me for 2500.00 but I can't swing it.I would love them but I sure as hell would not like the fact the DR will be **** in 8-10,000 miles.I would have to rotate set-ups.Just alot of money but good wheels. The company that makes the ones you got make good stuff too. Glad you got something you like man. **** EDIT*** OK I see the link and for sure nice wheel man.When you get them on post pics
I think I screw my self. My car is lowered with sport line springs. I think its 1.5'-1.7'
drop. I don't think they will fit. They might be too wide. I will call AM tomorrow, Before the ship them.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I think I screw my self. My car is lowered with sport line springs. I think its 1.5'-1.7'
drop. I don't think they will fit. They might be too wide. I will call AM tomorrow, Before the ship them.
I don't think so man.....He ran those Vossens on his 11 GT with no issue. Not sure what springs he was on but I can find out for sure about that and width.I know he had Koni's yellow sport adjustables.I got the Koni STR.T sitting at my foot for the longest but looks like by this time next week they will be on. Let me go over and read some of his PM's and see. It may have been a text to my ohone so might not be able to find out.Going to check now.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Dude I was just that quick over "there" under "TIRES and WHEELS" and the 9th one down is a thread called "lowered on 20's...Pic's please".I read a few quick ones and there are guys on sport lines. Man you need to follow up on what I was telling ya.The info is there.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Rack- You are not going to have rubbing problems with the sizes you are looking at. My car is lowered on Eibach ProKit springs, etc and I have 9-1/2x20 Steeda Spyder rims with 275/35's on the front and 11x20's with 315/35 Nitto Invos and have had absolutely zero rubbing issues. You will have room to spare. One thing to remember is that your Mustang's rear fenders' inside edges are "rolled" from the factory, this gives some extra clearance vs other cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Rack- You are not going to have rubbing problems with the sizes you are looking at. My car is lowered on Eibach ProKit springs, etc and I have 9-1/2x20 Steeda Spyder rims with 275/35's on the front and 11x20's with 315/35 Nitto Invos and have had absolutely zero rubbing issues. You will have room to spare. One thing to remember is that your Mustang's rear fenders' inside edges are "rolled" from the factory, this gives some extra clearance vs other cars.
Can you post more pics? And your eibach drop is how much?Thankss

·
Registered
283 Posts
Not real sure what the drop is, (I am sure someone on this forum can tell us what Eibach advertises the drop as) but I can tell you that the suspension has settled since the Eibach parts were installed and the stance is pretty darn aggressive. The pic on the lower left is older, and you can see that there is more air space above the rear tire, this is prior to the suspension settling.
Ride has really not suffered much either.

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
1 front 1.5 rear.
I knew someone on here would have the correct drop numbers.
If you look at the first pic I posted in this forum, you can see how low my car sits over the tires- I bet that my springs have settled close to another 1/2 inch.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I knew someone on here would have the correct drop numbers.
If you look at the first pic I posted in this forum, you can see how low my car sits over the tires- I bet that my springs have settled close to another 1/2 inch.
Now last question, can you possibly measure from the bottom of your car to the floor to see how much clearance you have, i would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Not going to do that today. It's 15 degrees out there (even in my garage).

·
Registered
283 Posts
What part of the car do you want it measured from?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just went out and measured (brrr). It is right at 4"

1 - 20 of 69 Posts