Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in buying AM's CDC Shaker System, but what can I expect if I have a Ford Racing CAI installed already? Will there be any fitment problems?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
You may have to cut a hole in the back of the heat shield for the shaker system to push cold air to your intake. Check out some of the Customer photos like this one, who have already installed the CDC shaker with a Ford Racing CAI. Otherwise, you should just be able to do the same install as if your car was stock.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have more questions.

Shane

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may have to cut a hole in the back of the heat shield for the shaker system to push cold air to your intake. Check out some of the Customer photos like this one, who have already installed the CDC shaker with a Ford Racing CAI. Otherwise, you should just be able to do the same install as if your car was stock.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have more questions.

Shane
Thanks for the reply Shane. So, the heat shield is the wall of the CAI? And I may not have to cut a hole in the back of the CAI? I'd rather not if I don't have to. If I do, is fitment and cutting a relatively simple process?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Thanks for the reply Shane. So, the heat shield is the wall of the CAI? And I may not have to cut a hole in the back of the CAI? I'd rather not if I don't have to. If I do, is fitment and cutting a relatively simple process?
Correct, you may need to cut into the shield around the filter, but that is it. Cutting is relatively simple and smooth with a dremel, but you could also use a razor blade knife too. Otherwise it's a pretty simple install!

Shane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts