Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Just think Guard, we can haul our dogs to the beach and not worry about getting sand on the seats. And just think how easy it will be to get groceries in and out. And when we go to Walmart we can plug-em in and they'll be all charged up when we come out.
Can't wait.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Just think Guard, we can haul our dogs to the beach and not worry about getting sand on the seats. And just think how easy it will be to get groceries in and out. And when we go to Walmart we can plug-em in and they'll be all charged up when we come out.
Can't wait.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
At least they are billing it as a "Mustang-inspired' crossover

It looks horrendous. Just like the earlier rendering posted regarding the Mach name. (Which is likely to be the name of this vehicle, the Mach E)
Hopefully, this is not an accurate representation of the final product!

Whatever. I don't really care. I won't be buying one, and I am probably not in the target demographic for a vehicle such as that anyway.
Ford has been doing a pretty good job of keeping the traditional Mustang relevant, so it is difficult to find anything of any real significance to complain about, I suppose.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
I bet there gonna be popular in Salinas. You have plenty of solar power at your end of the state.
I'll get around to changing my profile one of these days :)nonono: probably never) but I have been living in Clearlake for the last 6 years.
Solar seems more popular here farther north than it was on the central coast. We used to get a lot of foggy days.
Lake county is home to what I believe is the largest geo-thermal power plant in the world. They take the septic water from the various sewage treatment plants scattered around the county, and pump it to the geo-thermal plant, and into some deep wells where it is turned into steam to spin the turbines.
Sort of like turning poo into electricity. :lol:
The poo electricity is still expensive though....

·
Registered
708 Posts
Very familiar with that area. Have a lot of old friends there and when I was much younger used to do a lot motorcycle riding around the lakes and other great twisty roads there. Still have an old trucker friend that hauls to the Geysers. Now that's an exciting road to go big trucking on! The new Mach-E should be popular for the commuters in that area as well. As I remember a lot of folks that live there work in Frisco or close to it.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Yes. It is really one of the last affordable places to live in CA, and some people who work in the Bay Area are willing to make the nearly 4 hour round trip commute to take advantage of that.
Starting to see more and more straight electric cars, but the majority of the people in this county are retired, or otherwise, not working at traditional jobs that require a daily commute.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I really wish they would find another name than "Mach" anything, but I guess I'll have to see what the actual car is going to look like and what it's capable of before I cast any more aspersions.

·
Registered
708 Posts
A Raptor Mustang? I kinda like it. Could use it here in the mountains. Wonder if I can get it with a pick-up bed so I can go get my fire wood F-A-S-T ?

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, top down, nice summer day, stopped at a red light, listening to that lumpy 5.0 idle......and one of these SUV’s that look vaguely like a Mustang pulls up next to you with a family of five in it......the driver waves to you in a “hello other Mustang” smile and wave motion.......do you wave back?
I think that I’d be really tempted to just ignore him, and then give him a decent look at a REAL Mustang’s taillights when the light turns green......

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
I don't know Guard.... Bill Ford says that it will "Go like hell".

Have you ever seen The Tesla Racing Channel on YouTube? That kid mostly only does 1/8 mile races and the car is hard to beat.
It's entirely possible that you would have three little kids making goofy faces at you from the back seat, as dad slides silently past you.

I would do it anyway.
And if I did get beat, I'd give the dude's little booger-eaters the finger as they drove past me.
:D

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know Guard.... Bill Ford says that it will "Go like hell".

Have you ever seen The Tesla Racing Channel on YouTube? That kid mostly only does 1/8 mile races and the car is hard to beat.
It's entirely possible that you would have three little kids making goofy faces at you from the back seat, as dad slides silently past you.

I would do it anyway.
And if I did get beat, I'd give the dude's little booger-eaters the finger as they drove past me.
:D

LOL.....If the recent patent application that showed two electric motors on either side of the 5.0 was for the SUV/thing and not the Mustang....and the SUV can beat a 4.5 second 0 to 60 (and with four wheel drive and the instant torque of the electric motors, entirely possible) then more power to them — literally.....
Rear engined Corvettes and four wheel drive 4 door Mustangs....what is the world coming to?

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Well, I hope that whatever plans that the hierarchy at Ford has swirling around in their heads regarding the future of the Mustang, that they take a close look back to 1987, the year that they nearly killed the Mustang by replacing it with the Ford Probe.
Ford thought that what the Mustang enthusiasts really wanted was a front wheel drive Japanese car with a horse on the grille. Thank goodness that, in those pre-internet days, everyone took the time to write the letters and stamp the envelopes. Ford was really going to do it!

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I hope that whatever plans that the hierarchy at Ford has swirling around in their heads regarding the future of the Mustang, that they take a close look back to 1987, the year that they nearly killed the Mustang by replacing it with the Ford Probe.
Ford thought that what the Mustang enthusiasts really wanted was a front wheel drive Japanese car with a horse on the grille. Thank goodness that, in those pre-internet days, everyone took the time to write the letters and stamp the envelopes. Ford was really going to do it!
I bought my youngest son an early Ford Probe that had that little Mazda V6 in it.....geeesh that little thing would REV! I always liked those Probes, but replacing the Mustang with it would have been a huge error...

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
I don't recall it as being a bad car (Probably could have chosen a better name), but certainly not a suitable replacement for the Fox body.
I don't think that there would have been nearly the uproar if Ford had tried to replace the previous generation "Pintostang" with the Probe.

Hey! Maybe that would be an apt name for the new SUV-stang.... The Probe!
Seems more fitting than Mach E.
:shrug:

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I don't recall it as being a bad car (Probably could have chosen a better name), but certainly not a suitable replacement for the Fox body.
I don't think that there would have been nearly the uproar if Ford had tried to replace the previous generation "Pintostang" with the Probe.

Hey! Maybe that would be an apt name for the new SUV-stang.... The Probe!
Seems more fitting than Mach E.
:shrug:
Yeah.....I always kind of wondered what customer demographic research led Ford to name a car the “Probe.”.....it does sound vaguely scatological.....:D

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Yeah.....I always kind of wondered what customer demographic research led Ford to name a car the “Probe.”.....it does sound vaguely scatolgical.....:D
Lol
Probe was the name for Ford's line of "futuristic" concept vehicles in the 80's. I guess they just liked it and decided to keep it.

I just did a search on the SF Bay Area Craigslist.... Not a single Ford Probe for sale.
Surely, some of them must have survived???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts