Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I can't tell you how much I love these guys. On the highway cruising at 2K RPM they are quiet. Like I can whisper and hear myself quiet. They also are still really loud with the o/r X when you go WOT.

First start up and idle of the car, a small panic attack hit me, what did I do? These guys startup very quiet compared to the Roush. I thought I had just made a $700 mistake. I took off down the street to give the exhaust a go, was 11 at night, and wanted to go to the highway so I could let them go. I first noticed that it felt like the car drove better, but soon realized it was because i wasn't "scared" anymore to let her go and make some noise. I live about 2 miles from the highway. Another person at my house, told me they heard me the moment I hit the entrance ramp, because I floored it. Get her up to 60-65 and hit a hill that the drone on the Roush was so bad on, I had to literally scream at other people to talk to them. I could whisper and hear myself talk. Color me impressed. The rasp is gone. It is all deep, even in higher rpms.

Now for the video, the part ya'll want.

There are two parts to the video. First is an acceleration last night with the windows down, second is today me starting and revving the car.

So click here and check it out already.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are they louder than the roush?
honestly? No not at all. At least with both having been on an o/r X. I dunno about with cats.

They are quieter in the lower RPM bands, and then really get loud the higher you go. I would say they get as loud, just it doesn't seem like it initially because they are so much deeper and you don't get that high pitched rasp sound. It is a deeper kind of loud. Like shake your chest and feel it in your bones loud.

You almost have to hear it in person to understand them. I personally Don't think the video clips do them justice.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sounds great!

·
Registered
720 Posts
What's the deal with your tail lights? I can't listen so I basically just watched a video that was made solely for hearing purposes haha.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's the deal with your tail lights? I can't listen so I basically just watched a video that was made solely for hearing purposes haha.
Oh nothing. The raxiom taillights use the stock bulbs differently than the stock taillights do and for whatever reason my phone was picking up a pulse you cannot see in real life.

The stock taillights if you look at them have like a reflector chamber the lights plug into that radiates into the open space around them, hence lighting that area up. The raxiom lights just plug right into that open area.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Sounds great!
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They do stick way the hell out the back. Doesn't really bother me, I kind of like it, but just wow.

ForumRunner_20121219_155049.png

ForumRunner_20121219_155102.jpg

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Must be your x pipe, I have the stock and and mine look almost flush
I am pretty sure it is. I have thought about stopping by an exhaust shop, or maybe even the local speed shop(though I feel they will be pricy) and getting them shortened a small amount. Doesn't really hurt anything though, and I kinda like the look of them sticking out so far.

Exhaust sounds great!! Makes an or/x a possibility in the future for me now
Yeah, I mean I can easily drive my car down the street making next to no noise. When the car is warm, the idle is very quiet. Not that you cannot hear it, but very quiet.

One more video that shows this for ya, goes from insanely quiet to insanely loud.

I mean honestly, if you couldn't see the tachometer, could you honestly tell the car was on? That is me sitting about 15 feet away from my garage, with the car warm, and my driver door open.

Borla - YouTube

**EDIT** If anyone is interested, as I know I am, I am going to load up the cam tune from Bama tomorrow and see how she sounds "cammed" with the Borlas. I'll provide a video of course :D

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I am pretty sure it is. I have thought about stopping by an exhaust shop, or maybe even the local speed shop(though I feel they will be pricy) and getting them shortened a small amount. Doesn't really hurt anything though, and I kinda like the look of them sticking out so far.

Yeah, I mean I can easily drive my car down the street making next to no noise. When the car is warm, the idle is very quiet. Not that you cannot hear it, but very quiet.

One more video that shows this for ya, goes from insanely quiet to insanely loud.

I mean honestly, if you couldn't see the tachometer, could you honestly tell the car was on? That is me sitting about 15 feet away from my garage, with the car warm, and my driver door open.

Borla - YouTube

**EDIT** If anyone is interested, as I know I am, I am going to load up the cam tune from Bama tomorrow and see how she sounds "cammed" with the Borlas. I'll provide a video of course :D
I don't care what anybody says, u get what u pay for, I get so many compliments from my Borla S at car meets

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't care what anybody says, u get what u pay for, I get so many compliments from my Borla S at car meets
They are a very unique sound. I don't think I really have heard another car like this before in person.

I know driving around today, I had people left and right stopping and staring at the car more so than usual.

I guess everyone expects cars like mine to be loud, but not to be that deep and aggressive always.

I still am getting used to the sound. I like it, but don't get me wrong it still throws me off listening to the car. It was 50 degrees out today and I drove around mostly with the windows partially down, heat on a little bit, and music turned down just so I could listen to the car.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts