Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I got my heads in trickflow track heat 170cc 58cc I was wondering if anyone else has this set up on a stock short block and had any ptv problems

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
I have tfs 170 cc heads. Im running a bcam with 1.72 rr which puts my lift to .517. I used about 3/16 worth of clay and never touched it on any valve. Buuuttt, I don't remember what combustion chambers size my heads have if that makes a difference.

No one can tell you for sure if you will have clearance or not but usually tfs do have good clearance because of the location of the valves. So its always best to check to be certain.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dreamstang said:
I have tfs 170 cc heads. Im running a bcam with 1.72 rr which puts my lift to .517. I used about 3/16 worth of clay and never touched it on any valve. Buuuttt, I don't remember what combustion chambers size my heads have if that makes a difference.

No one can tell you for sure if you will have clearance or not but usually tfs do have good clearance because of the location of the valves. So its always best to check to be certain.
Guy at trick flow said lob separation is the key he said I should be okay bc the cam is only 1 degree difference then a tfs 1 cam

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Duration is the difference he said the lift isn't the problem

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
04machazblue said:
Guy at trick flow said lob separation is the key he said I should be okay bc the cam is only 1 degree difference then a tfs 1 cam

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Duration is the difference he said the lift isn't the problem
That is correct. And the point of contact would be anywhere from 20*btdc20*-20*atdc. So be sure to do 2 complete revolutions when claying the pistons.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I am I think it's going to be okay but I hope so got this cam for a good price

1 - 6 of 6 Posts