Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rattle somewhere in the back of my car...I have Roush axle-backs but I just had it on a lift and everything is tight and good...I removed the spare and everything in the trunk but the rattle is still there. It sounds like metal on metal and happens mostly on bumpy roads at low speeds. It reverberates for awhile after a bump. I want to get it taken care of but I am not sure what it could be if it is not the things I checked....help please

·
Registered
35 Posts
13BlkSunshine said:
I have a rattle somewhere in the back of my car...I have Roush axle-backs but I just had it on a lift and everything is tight and good...I removed the spare and everything in the trunk but the rattle is still there. It sounds like metal on metal and happens mostly on bumpy roads at low speeds. It reverberates for awhile after a bump. I want to get it taken care of but I am not sure what it could be if it is not the things I checked....help please
It's most likely one of the exhaust hangers from your after market axle backs, I had the same problem and so have dozens of others. One of the front hangers is vibrating against the metal bracket that houses the rubber bushing that your hanger slides into. Just take a pair of vice grips or channel locks and bend the hanger back a little nearest the 90 degree angel bend toward the front of the car. That should take care of it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
michael81 said:
It's most likely one of the exhaust hangers from your after market axle backs, I had the same problem and so have dozens of others. One of the front hangers is vibrating against the metal bracket that houses the rubber bushing that your hanger slides into. Just take a pair of vice grips or channel locks and bend the hanger back a little nearest the 90 degree angel bend toward the front of the car. That should take care of it.
+1-Had same problem, and that fixed it

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I will take it back in and put it back on the lift and see if that fixes it. It drives me nuts.

·
Registered
412 Posts
13BlkSunshine said:
Ok I will take it back in and put it back on the lift and see if that fixes it. It drives me nuts.
It drove me crazy as well. I had that rattle and the stock lca bushings popping every bump! Fixed lca problem :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't notice the popping yet, probably because i am so annoyed at the rattle

·
Registered
412 Posts
13BlkSunshine said:
I don't notice the popping yet, probably because i am so annoyed at the rattle
Mine went quick...one day quiet, next day going to work bushings went. There's a tsb out for it. My new dealer, recently moved, wouldn't replace them because I'm lowered so I put CHE lcas on; problem solved.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
michael81 said:
Well i did this and I still had the rattle. I took it to my dealership and they confirmed it was not the exhaust that was causing the rattle. They kept it and said it will take some time to figure it out. I will update when I find out what it is/was.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you checked any of your suspension ?
The dealership checked the suspension and said it all checked out

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

My wife's 5.0 rattle was the license plate border vibrating try looking to see if its that
That was one of the first things I checked....I even drove it without the plate and frame just to make sure

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Might be inside the mufflers that making the noise
That is possible....They are supposed to locate the rattle using magnets or something....all I am glad of is that my dealership is mod friendly when it comes to my warranty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts