Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to B&D racing to find out how much it would cost to get 4.10s and t-lok installed. Does $900 sound too high for gears, t-lok, install kit, install and the comp to fix the speedo. I know that i should get 4.10s because i have an auto but would it be better to get an auburn diff or the fms. Would the auburn diff void my warrenty? What do i need to recalibrate the speedo and where can i get it?

·
Registered
298 Posts
What...do you guys have something that plugs into your diffs? My car does and my speedo has never been off no matter what gears I got so either my car already adjusts for it or something is a little weird here. If I were you I would buy the diff. used because it will still work the same and install it myself if you know how. My car is genereally a bit more expensive for crap than mustangs and I still got a used one for $300. You have to look around though, the 3.38's for my car are over $1000 for a used one. I'm sure you can get a couple 100 off the price just by going used.

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
232stang said:
if its 900 with all the components plus installation plus the chip then its a hell of a good deal
That's one good deal man, I'd hit it if I was looking for gears/t-lock.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
i was quoted $950 for the auburn rear, and the FMS 4.10 gear installed. should be getting installed next week :D

·
Banned
11,189 Posts
red herring said:
What...do you guys have something that plugs into your diffs? My car does and my speedo has never been off no matter what gears I got so either my car already adjusts for it or something is a little weird here. If I were you I would buy the diff. used because it will still work the same and install it myself if you know how. My car is genereally a bit more expensive for crap than mustangs and I still got a used one for $300. You have to look around though, the 3.38's for my car are over $1000 for a used one. I'm sure you can get a couple 100 off the price just by going used.
We have a speed limiter on our car.

4.10 Gears knock the speed limiter down to 74 mph top speed without a chip to remove it

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
nope chip was $350
got it from Jason at VMP :good: :good: that guy kicks ass :headbang: should have it thursday :cool:

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
01mineralgrey6 said:
nope chip was $350
got it from Jason at VMP :good: :good: that guy kicks ass :headbang: should have it thursday :cool:
exactly why this guys price kicks ass it already includes a speedcal or chip

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now i know i got a good deal but i found another shop that sells 8.8 rear ends with 3.73 already installed for 800 just parts. I want to find out how much to get installed. Do i need a speedcal if i change from a 7.5 to a 8.8 with 3.73s?

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Wait it drops the limit down to 74? Well what's our car accelerate like above that with 4.10's in?

Is it slowwwww??

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
soon2bfastr232 said:
Now i know i got a good deal but i found another shop that sells 8.8 rear ends with 3.73 already installed for 800 just parts. I want to find out how much to get installed. Do i need a speedcal if i change from a 7.5 to a 8.8 with 3.73s?
unless you are planning to hit over 350 hp you wont need an 8.8
but if you change youre gears you WILL need a speedcal or chip

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ive decided to stay with the 7.5 and do 4.10s and a t-lok. Is it possible to get the diablosport predator or deltachip to fix the speed limiter? Y not get more power and fix the speed limiter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts