Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after reading all the other threads saying how everyone should get a catch can, that Ford should have put them on from the factory, I finally got one, after 25,000 miles on the car.

After pulling the stock tube from intake to valve cover off, I noticed both ends dry as can be. not even a drop of oil. Did any of you notice this when installing your catch can? Is it really needed?
Are you guys really getting oil out of these?

I was tempted to just put it back on and send the catch can back, then thought, what the heck, i got it, might as well put it on.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Im pretty sure most people on here just make their own. One guys has a clear bulb on it and it does show there is oil present over time. Remember its an oil mist not so much beads.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys.. Was just curious ssince the stock tube was bone dry, and clean..

Guess if mine catches none, that would be a good thing too right?
Plus it looks good..

·
Registered
264 Posts
yep....i've been waiting to head to home depot to grab the air dryer i need to make one.
That's what I did on all my LS1 cars. Much more simple. This time I just went with the JLT since it's a direct bolt-on.

·
Registered
111 Posts
it definitely does what its suppose to. I can show you what it looks like when i get home. Mine should have a decent amount in it.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Having two left thumbs, I purchased one from AMERICAN MUSCLE (Thanks Dan). I put it on at 535 miles and cleaned it at 1,038.4 miles (503.4 miles). I had less than 1/8" of oil in it.

I then went from 1,038.4 miles till I had 1,280.6 (242.2 miles). Found less oil this time.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys.. Was just curious ssince the stock tube was bone dry, and clean..

Guess if mine catches none, that would be a good thing too right?
Plus it looks good..
OrganDonor,

If it's not catching anything, it just means you have minimum blow-by (good thing). However, pressure has to build up at some point, so it's still worth having. Let us know what it looks like after a 1k miles or longer!

Shane

·
Registered
111 Posts
So after reading all the other threads saying how everyone should get a catch can, that Ford should have put them on from the factory, I finally got one, after 25,000 miles on the car.

After pulling the stock tube from intake to valve cover off, I noticed both ends dry as can be. not even a drop of oil. Did any of you notice this when installing your catch can? Is it really needed?
Are you guys really getting oil out of these?

I was tempted to just put it back on and send the catch can back, then thought, what the heck, i got it, might as well put it on.
Here's mine after 4,000 miles. It definitely catches stuff from my engine.

image-3685854449.jpg

image-2844925215.jpg

1 - 20 of 50 Posts