Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are plenty of Exhaust questions on this forum, but I haven't found an answer to my question. I am going to put a Flowmaster Force II CAT-Back system on my car. What I haven't decided on yet is if I should use the recommend kit for the 3.8L which as a reverse 'Y' pipe bolt-on or get the GT kit and make a custom 'H' pipe so it is a true dual pipe. Skill wise I am fine either way, what I am concerned about is if I make an 'H' pipe, will I loose all my back presssure and therefore loose my low end torque? The recommend kit uses 2.25" pipe and the GT kit uses 2.5" pipe.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Use 2.25 piping and you will regain most back pressure.

You can get the Y pipe adapter kit. But those kits are not true duals. They come with minimal gains. Like +1-3 hp.

True duals such as 2 straight pipes, or an H pipe will loose a 'little' backpressure but not much if you stay with 2.25 piping. You may not even notice it.
Also with true duals. You will see higher gains as you start modding your car since they exhaust will flow better.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
all stock gt and v6 exhaust pipe is 2.25 inches in diameter. run that and you wont have a problem if you go true dual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts