Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. So I had a Lexus for 2 years and wished all the time I would get in a wreck to get the ins money for it. Now I have had my mustang for 4 months and been in to rear end damages. Both my fault. I feel like the car of my dreams is bad luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Ok. So I had a Lexus for 2 years and wished all the time I would get in a wreck to get the ins money for it. Now I have had my mustang for 4 months and been in to rear end damages. Both my fault. I feel like the car of my dreams is bad luck.
Someone doesn't know how to drive

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the 8 years I've been driving I've had 4 wrecks. Two in the last 4 months with my new car. Maybe me getting something I really wanted turned me into bad luck.

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

I can't seem to find any after market bumpers either. Just the rear valence or diffuser. I believe that's what they are call. And isn't that the plastic piece under the bumper (doesn't need replacement).

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Wow. Crazy lookin. Ins cover it?? Or did u have to come out o pocket.
Insurance covered most of it. I added some upgrades outa my own pocket while it was down. All and all, **** happens. You can either, let it consume you or you can push past it and continue on. I like my car. I drive it everyday. I'm sure, I'm positive it'll get bumped around again and I'll fix it again.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Insurance covered most of it. I added some upgrades outa my own pocket while it was down. All and all, **** happens. You can either, let it consume you or you can push past it and continue on. I like my car. I drive it everyday. I'm sure, I'm positive it'll get bumped around again and I'll fix it again.
Yeah. Mine is a Dailey driver. Wash once a week. Don't have a garage yet. But in 3 months my house will be build and I'll be driving the wife's car when it rains. That is if she'll still marry me after dropping all this money on the car. Haha.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yeah. Mine is a Dailey driver. Wash once a week. Don't have a garage yet. But in 3 months my house will be build and I'll be driving the wife's car when it rains. That is if she'll still marry me after dropping all this money on the car. Haha.
How did the wrecks happen?

And if it makes you feel better, I bought a brand new Mustang 2 months ago even though my girlfriend wanted a ring first. I think she's still going to marry me so you should be fine haha.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha. Yeah let's hope so. And I was backing up in a gas station and some dude came in and started showing off with his pipes on his truck and I looked over while backing up. I just started easing the breaks and put my hand on my shifter and hit the concrete pole around the gas pump.

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Haha. Yeah let's hope so. And I was backing up in a gas station and some dude came in and started showing off with his pipes on his truck and I looked over while backing up. I just started easing the breaks and put my hand on my shifter and hit the concrete pole around the gas pump.
That's not bad luck man, that's more like "you need to pay attention". Same thing applies to curbed rims. If you don't want curbed rims, then avoid curbs.

You have to create a mentality that your never going to mess up your ride, and then back that up with behaviors that will ensure you keep that mentality. Sometimes things happen that are beyond your control, and that's what insurance is for, but your accident would have been avoided if you had some simple guidelines to follow while in your stang.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My dad feels the same way. Every Mustang ends up being a problem. But it's not the cars fault, so don't think it's bad luck. Stuff happens.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Yea things happen, my Stang isn't a DD and whenever I get in it I'm super careful... Knock on wood it's gonna be 2 years I have it and the worst I have is minor rock chips on my bumper, my work car is the one that takes all the abuse and I can drive it with anywhere w/o driving myself nuts on where it's parked or if its safe around careless ppl parking

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
That's not bad luck man, that's more like "you need to pay attention". Same thing applies to curbed rims. If you don't want curbed rims, then avoid curbs.

You have to create a mentality that your never going to mess up your ride, and then back that up with behaviors that will ensure you keep that mentality. Sometimes things happen that are beyond your control, and that's what insurance is for, but your accident would have been avoided if you had some simple guidelines to follow while in your stang.
This. A few things I follow too. Always park/go anywhere where you can pull out forward. This has got to be one of the worst cars to backup in. Blind spot city.

I also always park out. Always have always will. It is nice too because the people who park out with me when I walk back to my car always seem to be other really nice cars, corvettes challengers cameros etc. That way in the end we all kind of protect each other.

·
Registered
133 Posts
This is my girlfriends 2012 V6 Vert. Some careless driver mounted the center concrete median and drove into oncoming traffic. He took out 5 cars and the airbag broke her wrist.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts