Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most likely im supercharging, thats why i dont care for no intake just yet, but im looking into headers, their is no budget limit and i want a offroad xpipe aswell, and will be a bama tune.
Best brands from what i read are
Kooks
Sw
American racing
Anyone have this setup and has some advice.

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have the borla s type cat back and I'm pretty impressed with it which is why I will
Be getting borla headers and x pipe if they make it

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the borla s type cat back and I'm pretty impressed with it which is why I will
I have the quad gt500 exhaust which sound amazing with headers and x pipe, borla will be too loud!

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Add Pypes stepped headers to that list. The fastest N/A car deep into the 10's runs the Pypes stepped headers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've got BBK long tubes with hiflow cats and X pipe. They are a little "raspier" than I would like. But all around happy with performance.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
The reason i didnt put borla headers is bc they are 1 3/4. Pypes are a little low on quality and a friend of mine had to get spaces on the engine mount because the steering bar would hit the header every time he turn, they also stick down more than the other brands mention and he has some clearance issues. I would stick with any of those brands since you are planning on keeping her for a while. I am personally going with kooks 1 7/8 lt and off road x

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
The reason i didnt put borla headers is bc they are 1 3/4. Pypes are a little low on quality and a friend of mine had to get spaces on the engine mount because the steering bar would hit the header every time he turn, they also stick down more than the other brands mention and he has some clearance issues. I would stick with any of those brands since you are planning on keeping her for a while. I am personally going with kooks 1 7/8 lt and off road x
Really? I feel like your car will be way too loud with an o/r x and headers unless you change your exhaust. That combo will have a striking resemblance to a dump truck imo.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Really? I feel like your car will be way too loud with an o/r x and headers unless you change your exhaust. That combo will have a striking resemblance to a dump truck imo.
Haha my car is not a DD. The louder the better lol
I think it will sound like a complete monster!!!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I just wish someone had a video with a sc and full borla system. I wanna see what it sounds like with the sc pumping it

·
Registered
1,791 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have the Borla stingers on mine and I was going to do the kooks headers with a catted H pipe. Supposed to sound even meaner than it does with the borlas on already.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the Borla stingers on mine and I was going to do the kooks headers with a catted H pipe. Supposed to sound even meaner than it does with the borlas on already.
Yes because there is more air flow through them. Look up stainless works. Cheaper but just as good as kooks.

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Most likely im supercharging, thats why i dont care for no intake just yet, but im looking into headers, their is no budget limit and i want a offroad xpipe aswell, and will be a bama tune.
Best brands from what i read are
Kooks
Sw
American racing
Anyone have this setup and has some advice.

Thanks for any input!
There's a ton of really great exhaust brands out there and we can tune for all of them. You've listed a few of them, Kooks, Pypes, American Racing, BBK etc.. all make a great product! You really can't go wrong IMO, they're all going to sound great and make a decent difference in the power department.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance or if you have any questions. Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan

·
Registered
297 Posts
Are headers better with supercharged engines? I'll be putting on an SC in a while and was wondering if I should add headers to the build list. Does that also need an offroad x to pair with it?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Any input in how to set up headers and o/r to get it as QUIET as possible? I am looking to do it more for the gains and don't want to alert everyone within a half mile of my presence

·
Registered
536 Posts
be carful with the borla headers. blow by racing told/showed me a pair cause that's what I wanted, but they glow in the engine bay alot, and they tend to crack etc cause they are made cheaply. borla is better for Axleback exhaust etc not header material

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Any input in how to set up headers and o/r to get it as QUIET as possible? I am looking to do it more for the gains and don't want to alert everyone within a half mile of my presence
Keep your resonators and stock mufflers. Only chance.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts