Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would someone please go to ddm tuning and show me what I need everything to set it all up for the fogs and headlights. I have stock fogs and headlights on an 04 gt? Thank you.

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
DDM has a nice kit. I got the 55w 5k hi/lo beam headlights and 35w 6k fogs. http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W they don't have the raptor kit I got right now but they have the slim kit. Go to that link and on the right hand side pick your wattage. Headlights I would prefer 55w and fogs to be 35w. I've heard of guys doing 55w for fogs and melting the fog light housing.

Your headlight bulb # is 9007 you can pick it in a drag down menu on the right and choose from low beam or hi/Lo beam. I just went ahead and got hi/lo. The fogs are the 880/881/893/898/899 etc. selection as long as you still have the GT fog lights. Then pick your color you want based off of there bulb color chart. 55w will always be a more white between 4k-6k and the lower u go the more yellow and the higher u go the more blue it gets.

Here is a good standard install video for HID kits.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csN5D6onzAk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Remember this though it comes from CHINA and it took it 3 weeks to get to me I live in Indiana. It took a week just to get it through US Customs.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahhh thank you man it's really helpful!! And do you need the error eliminator or harness or any pf that other stuff with the slim ballast kit?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
You don't need anything else with the kit. You can buy the brackets if you want but I just zip tied mine.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is this everything I need and the right bulbs for fogs and heads. I'll order this tomorrow?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Looks right to me, having 35w for your headlight though they won't be very bright. But they will brighter than factory lights.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I don't really want them like super bright to blind people but if I go 55w should I do like the 10000k so the color matches the 8k fogs. I heard that I'd you go 55w you lose some of the color so you get one bigger then what you were going to get it will be the same color?

·
Registered
130 Posts
55w HIDs are not "brighter" than 35 watt bulbs in the range that the human eye is capable of. They will only project 18-21% further on average. With that being said, 35 watt HIDs will light up reflectors on the road that your naked eye cannot see, I have proven it with binoculars on the highway. There is zero benefit to having 55 watt HIDs, unless you need excessive heat. At normal driving ranges, there is no reason. Even bi-xenons do not get truly brighter, they simply move up and down to refocus the light.

The next thing is: your fogs will always look a little bluer than the headlights.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have had both 35w and 55w HID ballasts. My headlamps are custom paint tinted. I installed the 35watt 5000k bulb with a 35watt ballast and I did not have enough light on the road. I then swapped out the 35watt ballast for the 55watt ballast and it increased visible light output on the road 25% or better. I you have stock clear lamps the 35watt will be fine. I would only recommend 55watt headlamps if you have smoked or tinted headlamps.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I ordered my hid lights from ddm and I wonder how kind it will take? The order number they give you is that your tracking number like if you typed it in on ups?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I ordered my hid lights from ddm and I wonder how kind it will take? The order number they give you is that your tracking number like if you typed it in on ups?

·
Registered
558 Posts
RUNNWLD said:
Well I don't know about how long... But the order number is just your confirmation for ddm tuning. If they are giving you a tracking number they should of emailed it to you. And it should be a separate number.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts