Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have a few dollars in my hand to spend. And I really want to get the new twin turbo kit from twinturbo50.com. However, I'm also considering the Paxton from JPC. I have enough money for the twin turbo. I know it will cost roughly 1500-2500 more than the Paxton. I've never driven a supercharged or a turbo charged mustang. Only a few turbo honda's back in the day. I just don't know what to do. My goal is to have a nice, fast reliable street car. Opinions/Facts/ .02cents and .03 cents are welcome. Thanks

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Vmp tuning is selling a new sc with a 127 mm TB. It is a tvs but they played with it so u can get 650 to 800 wheel hp out of the box. Check it out on their web site! That is the one i am going with hopefully sometime this year.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey,

I have a few dollars in my hand to spend. And I really want to get the new twin turbo kit from twinturbo50.com. However, I'm also considering the Paxton from JPC. I have enough money for the twin turbo. I know it will cost roughly 1500-2500 more than the Paxton. I've never driven a supercharged or a turbo charged mustang. Only a few turbo honda's back in the day. I just don't know what to do. My goal is to have a nice, fast reliable street car. Opinions/Facts/ .02cents and .03 cents are welcome. Thanks
It really depends on what your goals are and what you want to accomplish! Do you think you will stop at low boost? Or do you plan on building a super beast!! Are you doing the install yourself? are you mechanically inclined?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
On 3 did a test and made over 100 extra horse power with a turbo kit over a supercharger

·
Registered
266 Posts
CoyoteAce said:
Hey,

Since you said reliable street car I'd go supercharger.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Since you said reliable street car I'd go supercharger.
Agreed. ^^^ Not that turbo's can't be reliable, they just have more components and are more complex than superchargers. In other words, more components have a greater potential to fail on a turbo system, especially a twin turbo system. For an easy install and predicable power, go with a centrifugal supercharger from Procharger, Vortech, or Paxton.

Good luck with your decision!

Shane

·
Registered
7,573 Posts
Assuming one is not beating there car hard when driving daily, will a supercharger greatly shorten the engines life. Would the supercharger shorten the life of the engine at all. Could one easily get 150 to 200 k miles on a mustang that has a supercharger. Assuming one is not driving it like they stole it on a daily basis.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Assuming one is not beating there car hard when driving daily, will a supercharger greatly shorten the engines life. Would the supercharger shorten the life of the engine at all. Could one easily get 150 to 200 k miles on a mustang that has a supercharger. Assuming one is not driving it like they stole it on a daily basis.
No one knows yet.... But the coyote has proven to be very durable... Even on stock internals ... There was a lot of fear of boost initially... Everyone is soon it with some impressive FWHP.

If you aren't crazy with it AND maintain it, I do not think 100 - 200 is unreasonable.

·
Registered
7,573 Posts
No one knows yet.... But the coyote has proven to be very durable... Even on stock internals ... There was a lot of fear of boost initially... Everyone is soon it with some impressive FWHP.

If you aren't crazy with it AND maintain it, I do not think 100 - 200 is unreasonable.
I have a 11 v6 and the only SC that I know for the v6 is the pro charger. What type of maintenance does one have to keep up with on the super charger?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have a 11 v6 and the only SC that I know for the v6 is the pro charger. What type of maintenance does one have to keep up with on the super charger?
I was just talking about the engine maintenance in general... Take care of her and she'll last a loooong time!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Sorry. I just misunderstood ya. I would love a pro charger for mine.
No worries,
I'm sure the supercharger on the 6 is awesome!!!

Like many... If you are concerned... Hold off a few... Then after the reliability of the 6 has been confirmed, go for it!

The 6 as is is very impressive compared to equivalent cars.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
No worries,
I'm sure the supercharger on the 6 is awesome!!!

Like many... If you are concerned... Hold off a few... Then after the reliability of the 6 has been confirmed, go for it!

The 6 as is is very impressive compared to equivalent cars.
I thought about doing that myself, getting a V6 and a procharger would have been a better deal than getting a 5.0 by itself. Not gonna lie tho, I just have to have the V8!

A procharger on the V6 is going to be one nasty ride! :headbang:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone for you responses, I'm most likely going to go with the Paxton, I just wanted to have something different. Everyone has supercharges on mustang. But if I go that route, with the money that I'll be saving I'll pick up some forgestar f14s.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Thanks everyone for you responses, I'm most likely going to go with the Paxton, I just wanted to have something different. Everyone has supercharges on mustang. But if I go that route, with the money that I'll be saving I'll pick up some forgestar f14s.
There is a reason why most of stangs use a sc and why stock car come with a SC and not a centri sc.
I just hate the difference in torque and hp from the centri, i know they are still fast when built boost but a twin screw is just lighting fast at any rpm and any gear.
If money is not a problem i would get a twin screw and down the like if u want to upgrade the engine u can put a smaller pulley and make 16 psi on a 2.3 vmp SC. And it also looks soo bad a$$ and still gives it that oem look. My 2 cents.
Either way u cant go wrong with the two. Both will make you scream like a little girl :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
There is a reason why most of stangs use a sc and why stock car come with a SC and not a centri sc.
I just hate the difference in torque and hp from the centri, i know they are still fast when built boost but a twin screw is just lighting fast at any rpm and any gear.
If money is not a problem i would get a twin screw and down the like if u want to upgrade the engine u can put a smaller pulley and make 16 psi on a 2.3 vmp SC. And it also looks soo bad a$$ and still gives it that oem look. My 2 cents.
Either way u cant go wrong with the two. Both will make you scream like a little girl :)
Wonder why the new Cobra Jet is twin turbo? Oh and why the SHO is turbo and the big deal about ECO Boost...Oh yea Turbos are the future SCs are things of the past. Doubt car manufacturers would but putting turbos on Factory cars unless they were just as durable and reliable!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts