Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 03 Mach makes that same exact sound on a cold start. Oddly, i push the clutch in and the sound pretty much goes away! No idea what it is, i just stopped worrying about it after i realized it wasnt exhaust related.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I youtubed it and only saw cars making the noise when the clutch is in. It does it when the clutch is out?! So does this mean I should punch the guy in the face I traded a 10 thousand dollar truck to? Lol
Mine does it when the clutch is out as well...these cars are known to have ToB issues..I haven't met a single New Edge 5spd owner that hasn't had TOB issues before...I just deal with it, when it goes ill replace my whole clutch assembly, I still have a less than year old clutch so I'm not touching it till the TOB gives on me...what kinda truck you trade bro?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine does it when the clutch is out as well...these cars are known to have ToB issues..I haven't met a single New Edge 5spd owner that hasn't had TOB issues before...I just deal with it, when it goes ill replace my whole clutch assembly, I still have a less than year old clutch so I'm not touching it till the TOB gives on me...what kinda truck you trade bro?
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

This one 04 4x4

·
Registered
704 Posts
TOBs go bad no matter what you drive. The one in my corvette gave out a few years back after 98k. My 01 GTs TOB lasted until 117k. They're just a piece that takes a lot of stress.

·
Registered
295 Posts
The one in my GTO went at 43k miles. For the whole setup with parts and labor it was like $800 then the replacement lasted 2k miles and went again. So I just sold the car lol.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
If it is the tob it is a easy fix if you know anything about working on a car.

T o b's usually make more noise when the clutch is pushed in that is when it has pressure on it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts